About the workshop
Data is the gateway to the future. Harnessing the power of AI and machine learning, traversing the open banking landscape, and becoming a prominent player in the global economy are all dependent on an integrated data and analytics function, collaborating seamlessly with every department. As a leader of any business function or team, you need to be data-savvy.
If you’re not a data and analytics expert, the world of big data, machine learning, algorithms and the cloud can seem like science fiction. How can you communicate persuasively with your stakeholders and collaborate on big-picture projects if you don’t speak their language?
Don’t lose anything in translation. Close the language divide and get on the same page with your data team. Louis Keating will help you master the fundamentals of data and banking so you can collaborate with your data and analytics function for outstanding business outcomes.
To make the most out of the workshop, be sure to bring a laptop so you can participate in practical exercises.
Data and business - the essentials
- Understand the characteristics of robust data infrastructure
- Explore the pros and cons of cloud-based, on-premises, and hybrid models of data storage for your business needs
- Optimise inter-departmental collaboration to boost the performance of your data and analytics function
Open data landscape - what does it mean for banking?
- Understand the essential fundamentals of the Consumer Data Rights legislation (CDR)
- Explore the business opportunities presented by open banking
- Ensure compliance with your obligations as an Accredited Data Recipient
Data privacy essentials
- Understand data security in the cloud and best practice to protect the data of your customers and your business
- Meet your privacy obligations in a shifting regulatory environment
- Explore the similarities and differences between the General Data Protection Regulation and Australian data privacy regulations to ensure the best security for your customers
Machine Learning and AI - sorting science-fact from science-fiction
- Explore the exciting possibilities of big data and machine learning
- Define the parameters for a machine learning project and identify essential collaborators
- Understand the interrelation of data, algorithms, and quality outcomes for customers and business
Good data, bad data, and everything in between
- Explore the business implications of ‘messy’ data
- Understand the impact of data integrity on your role as a leader
- Make informed, data-savvy decisions to boost productivity and growth
You and your data team
- Deepen your understanding of the data and analytics function of your organisation
- Talk the talk - master common data and analytics lingo to enhance inter-departmental communication
- Discover how to engage your data and analytics function collaboratively in all areas of the business to improve productivity and profitability
Big picture data strategy
- Mitigate the risks associated with unwieldy big data and multiple data sources
- Scale your data ambitions to the size, capability, and strategic vision of your organisation
- Understand the impact of data infrastructure development on the ecosystem of your business
Get your hands dirty
- Put yourself in the driver’s seat and experiment with coding
- Explore the power and pitfalls of data in practice
- Gain first-hand insight into the high stakes of data integrity
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.