About the workshop
Data is the new oil. But do you and your finance team know how to get the most out of your data?
From an organisational perspective, finance is the foundation of value creation, foresight and insight, transforming information into business intelligence. A future-ready finance professional must turn their hand to everything from budgeting and forecasting, to financial modelling and advanced data analytics.
As finance moves into the realm of business partnering, the ability to look into the future and anticipate outcomes becomes crucial - data can unlock the enormous potential of your business.
Learn to create robust predictive models that support strategy and distinguish yourself as a future-focused professional. It is these critical areas that are unlocking powerful opportunities for organisations looking to gain the edge in an increasingly competitive commercial market.
Foundations of data-driven finance
- How data is driving finance and accounting in the digital age
- Establishing the structure of modern finance team
- The three pillars of the tech stack
- Innovation and process improvements
Centres of excellence and collaboration
- Skills required for finance evolution
- Growth mindset vs Fixed mindset
- Rise of the finance business partner
- Rise of the virtual CFO
KPIs and measuring the right stuff
- Measuring and tracking value creation
- Planning, forecasting and budgeting with data
- Financial modelling with industry awareness and a clear focus
- Resolving challenges accessing robust data from multiple sources and ensuring proper integration
Modelling vs analytics
- Similarities and differences between financial modelling and analytics
- Technology and tools driving both and how these differ
- Key foundations of both and how they align around data and logic
- How to make and validate assumptions for effectiveness
- Automation(RPA), AI, Machine Learning, Blockchain
- Core vs Edge Technology
- Excel is dead! Really?
- Spreadsheet issues and how to solve them
How to achieve efficiencies in modelling by automation
- The cornerstones of a flexible model, managing variable uncertainty
- Incorporate sensitivity analysis to mitigate risk and increase accuracy
- Common pitfalls of complex financial models and tools to overcome them
Visual influencing and BI
- Discover data insights and stories
- Visual influencing trends and how it's changing the way decisions are being made and stories told
- A robust structure for approaching data analytics and modelling visualisation
- Tools and concepts for effective visualisations
Future of data-driven finance
- Leadership facing challenges for the digital age
- Assessing current team capability
- Adaptive leadership and embracing change In uncertainty
- Taking action - What does it really take?
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.