About the workshop
Cybersecurity and resilience play an increasingly important role in the service delivery story and performance of your organisation. Practitioners across the public and private sectors must address the need for stronger visibility and integration of cybersecurity planning.
This interactive two-day workshop will take participants through an entire cybersecurity ISMS framework. It will provide you with the tools to make better, clearer connections between strategic organisational plans and day-to-day work. You'll walk away with a clear understanding of the latest international standards, including ISO 27001:2013 and a practical action plan for application to maximise organisational efficiency.
Cut through the noise, see the big picture and brainstorm innovative approaches to deliver greater value - and security - to your organisation.
- The gap between the board, the executives and you - How to plug the gap through an ISMS and effective strategy
- How the board and executives think and what you can do to understand and influence them through communications
Activity: Preparing your mindset to connect you with the board and executives in your organisation
- Creating a pathway for success with metrics and effective governance
What you need to know about ISMS
- Preparing an integrated ISMS
Discussion: Group discussion about cybercrime, cybersecurity and cyber resilience to understand how different industries and cultures affect how we interpret these
- ISO 27001: What it is, what it is not and what comes next
- NIST: What it is, what it is not and what comes next
- Filling in the gaps that ISO 27001 and NIST fail to address
Getting the rest of the organisation to play an important role
- Keeping communications simple
- Developing processes and defining roles
- Turning your most valuable assets into a weapon against cyber crime
Activity: Assessing the gaps in your organisation’s current practices
Cyber resilience and maturity
- Why a maturity assessment is more valuable than a risk assessment
- The path to achieving cyber resilience
- What keeps most organisations from achieving cyber resilience
Activity: Assessing the maturity of your organisation
- Understanding the long-term impacts of cybercrime
- Understanding the human impact
- How to engage the rest of the organisation to get powerful insights
Activity: Calculating the cost of cybercrime for five common scenarios that could impact your organisation
Taking your organisation to the next level with an effective strategy
- The two parts to a good strategy and why most strategies are ineffective
- 27 inputs for developing a succinct but comprehensive cyber resilience strategy
Activity: Using a framework to develop a robust but adaptable cyber resilience strategy
The contents of a solid business case
- The secret to being given and keeping a seat in board meetings
- Articulating risk reduction and operational efficiencies
- Understanding and articulating ROI and competitive advantage
Activity: Developing metrics that you can use in a business case
Writing your business case
- Why most business cases are only fit for the garbage bin: What to include and what to leave out
- Writing a business case that will get you all the funding you ask for
Activity: Writing a business case that you can use to get funding for your ISMS and executing your strategy
- Presenting your business case to the board and executives
Tailor Your Training Experience
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.