About the workshop
Construction, Infrastructure and Engineering are rapidly becoming New Zealand’s biggest boom sector, fuelling economic growth across the country. Investment in major projects is set to grow by $28 billion by 2025, and workforces are projected to expand at as much as twice the national job growth rate.
In this thriving but competitive space, leaders must be both technically proficient and business savvy. They need to be capable of solving complex business and client-facing problems quickly and efficiently. Even the most technically accomplished professionals recognise that technology and business skills alone will not assure either effective leadership or strategic thinking. To be a leader and add strategic value to your organisation, you need to complement your occupational expertise with breakthrough leadership and coherent strategic business planning skills.
This practical, hands-on two-day workshop will examine the many moving parts and the key ingredients of a high-performing leader in this tough, but dynamic environment. This specially designed program will provide you with the leadership skills, techniques, and tools to maximise your value as a leader.
- Management vs leadership - what makes a leader?
- Build self-awareness of leadership traits
- Behavioural approach to leadership
Confidence and courageous leadership
- Develop your confidence and resilience
- Tackle tough situations with courage
- Traits and mannerisms of confidence
Getting the best out of people
- Communication - learn to become a better listener
- Provide clear direction and strategic goals
- Enhance your coaching skills, and practise giving and receiving feedback
Develop strategic networks
- Effective networking techniques and strategies
- Using your network
Discover fundamental leadership capabilities
- Capabilities, attributes, and skills of an influential leader
- Embody leadership roles, responsibility and behaviours
- Embrace complexity, uncertainty and diversity
- Your personal action plan
- Develop a leadership action plan for yourself and your team
- What are your skill gaps and how can you fill them?
- Building your plan to increase your leadership position
Critical thinking and problem solving for increased performance
- Cultivate a high-performance mindset through critical thinking
- Break down the barriers to critical thinking
- Take a proactive problem-solving approach
Lead through conflict and complexity
- Dealing with difficult people and difficult situations
- Manage competing priorities and react to pressure effectively
- Change leadership fundamentals
Build a cohesive and high-performing team to improve productivity
- Build trust and influence with your team
- Understand the expectations and needs of your reports
- Meet stakeholder needs and motivate teams for optimised performance
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.