About the workshop
The Healthcare and Aged Care sector calls for a unique set of leadership skills. To meet the needs of both clinicians and patients, you must enhance your emotional intelligence, project management, and communication skills. However, developing these skills can be difficult in the changing and fast-paced nature of the Healthcare and Aged Care sector.
You must build a capable and supportive team whose focus is centred towards ‘enhancing quality of care’. Through strategic direction and collaborative initiatives, you can harness your full potential as an authentic leader and break down the longstanding barriers between nurses and managers.
Explore the fundamental traits of a successful clinical leader and gain the tools and techniques to implement your new leadership skills in a real-life setting.
- Lead with a purpose - establishing the purpose that drives a ‘patient/resident centred’ culture
- Develop team communication skills to increase engagement and productivity
- Demonstrate Emotional Intelligence (EQ) to develop trust and transparency within your team
- Create an environment which inspires improved care outcomes
Develop and lead a complex workforce
- Bridge cultural and linguistic barriers to strengthen a diverse team
- Engage your team to retain motivated Carers and Registered Nurses
- Engage through active listening
- Expand cost-effective training opportunities for care staff to maximise skill-sets
Lead and effectively communicate change
- Deal with resistance to change
- Essential communication tactics to maximise team productivity and engagement
- Managing up and down - communicating with impact to different audiences
Build capability through transformation
- Understand and collaborate with your team to develop the most effective change strategies
- Build resilient teams to navigate the changing face of healthcare and aged care
- Cultivate a high-performance culture
- Meeting the rising numbers of acute and complex conditions
- Use data to drive clinical changes
- Adapt to funding and resource changes while maintaining focus on patient/resident centred care
- Implementing legislation into everyday operations
Leading in a diverse environment
- Incorporate multiple cultures into the healthcare environment
- Successfully lead a variety of groups and specialisations
- Handle sensitive and complex matters with confidence
- Engage key team players to encourage onboarding of new staff
Practical tips and tools to improve ‘quality of care’
- Lead and manage complex change and the impacts on your team
- Break down common negative perceptions between different craft groups in health
- Maintain Accreditation Standards with an overburdened workforce
Clinical leadership think-tank
- Wrap up discussion on key themes and your action plan
- What will you do differently as a result of this program?
- How to stay on track when other priorities demand attention
- Tools and ideas to navigate obstacles and competing priorities
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.