About the workshop
The future sustainability of your organisation depends on sound asset management practice. This involves adopting a whole life-cycle approach to effectively evaluate and manage your assets, their maturity and performance. Asset Management professionals must address the need for stronger evaluative analysis and embed best practice, processes and behaviours. To unlock these efficiencies and build a valuable asset management framework, you must look to new approaches and business improvement tools to develop a comprehensive AM maturity and evaluation strategy for your business.
This interactive two-day workshop will take participants through the complexities of asset management maturity assessment and its relationship with effective service delivery for your organisation. It will provide you with the tools to monitor and evaluate asset performance throughout its maturity cycle and effectively deliver to your organisation’s service needs and standards. Walk away with a clear understanding of the latest international standards, a practical action plan for asset evaluation and maturity assessment to maximise organisational efficiency.
Book now to secure your seat at this specially designed program and step up to deliver greater value to your organisation.
- Developing a comprehensive AM maturity and evaluation strategy
- Types of evidence agencies should gather to support their assessment
- What supports asset management – tools, data, processes
- Understanding your stakeholders and their expectations
Establish and advance levels of service in your organisation
- Identify your organisation’s service needs and standards
- Support service delivery by providing the right assets
- Measuring levels of service performance delivered by assets
- Right time, right place - the importance of contextual factors
- Enhance service potential through improved management of existing asset base
Forecast demand for asset services
- Being responsive to foreseen and unforeseen changes in demand or use
- Consider use of non-asset service delivery alternatives to minimise demand for new assets
- Consider all means of service delivery available, and plan for the long term
Develop and maintain a useful asset register
- Asset register development, level of detail required and maintenance strategies
- Effectively forward planning capital renewals
- Using the asset register and valuation smartly
- Work management and asset maintenance history
- Identify, monitor and manage asset-related risks to effectively deliver services
- Condition assessments, valuation, forward renewal planning
- Monitor and evaluate asset performance throughout its life cycle
- Using assessment results to drive improvement
Capital decision making with a whole-of-life approach
- Maximise value for money by accounting for full costs (including embedded option value) of acquiring, holding, using and disposing of assets throughout their life-cycles
- Adopt a whole-of-life approach to planning asset investment and management decisions
- Embedding capital asset management as a business and usual process
- Effectively prioritising capital works
Optimising Asset Management information systems
- Fixing breaks in the data flow from asset to the books
- Accounting register, procurement systems and work order systems
- Tools for measuring and reporting organisational and asset performance
Using effective evaluation to develop an improvement plan
- Getting organisational buy-in
- How to write an asset management plan
- How to use an asset management plan
- Dealing with wish lists and political/stakeholder pressure
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Thank you for your enquiry, almost there! Please fill in the form so that we may best cater to your needs