About the workshop
Effective communications strategy and execution have always played an integral role in the Australian Public Service. With the ever-growing presence of technology and digitised strategy, the need for smart and dynamic leadership has never been greater. In an environment of unprecedented disruption and innovation, agile leadership is needed to survive and thrive. The leadership of tomorrow begins with the next generation of communications managers and professionals, stepping into positions of influence and shaping the role of communications in the APS.
This two-day intensive course has been designed for APS 5-6 banded communications professionals, taking the next step in people management and leadership. This interactive workshop will explore the demands of communications leadership and the skills needed to lead an effective team, achieve key organisational outcomes and successfully make the transition from technical specialist to strategic leader.
- From reputation gatekeeper to facilitator
- Embracing an adaptive mindset
- Recognising all changes start small
Identify and build your leadership strengths
- Personal strengths assessment
- Build self-awareness to name, claim and aim your strengths
- Essential qualities and traits for communications leaders
Successful coaching and team development
- Learn to have conversations that count
- Provide both positive and negative feedback without disengaging
- How to facilitate coaching and develop your team
Building trust and influencing your key stakeholders
- Working through trust and the trust equation
- Know how you influence and what is in your toolkit
- Know who you need to influence and why - the APS equation
- Managing change and transition from an individual and team lens
- Leveraging team dynamics to enhance performance
- Challenging, supporting and empowering others
Successfully navigating the conflict curve
- Proactively manage conflict and tackle tough conversations
- Understand constructive vs. destructive conflict
- Develop and sustain a complex organisational ecosystem
Resilient leadership in a high-pressure environment
- Foster self-care and resilience, personally and in your team
- The role of capacity in proactively managing pressure
- Develop systems and processes to enhance team performance
Leadership in action
- Debrief and wrap up of key themes, skills and strategies explored
- Build a realistic, incremental action plan for real-world application
- Practical frameworks for intention, action and evaluation
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Thank you for your enquiry, almost there! Please fill in the form so that we may best cater to your needs