About the workshop
In today's constantly evolving corporate climate, businesses must have the ability to quickly adapt to changing markets and demands to remain competitive. Agile Project Management techniques allow for the flexibility to enact change as the project continues, unlike the often static processes established in traditional project management. It is this flexibility that improves efficiency and drives productivity for better project performance and value.
This interactive and practical two-day training course will provide the important skills and knowledge to successfully incorporate Agile techniques into your organisation's projects, offering the tools you need to revolutionise your management approach to propel your business' success.
- Overview of core Agile concepts – What is the Agile approach?
- Other traditional project management methodologies, including Waterfall
- Command and Control versus Servant Leadership
- Importance of stakeholders sharing an Agile Perspective
Understand the Agile Manifesto
- Foundations behind the Agile Manifesto
- Interpreting the Manifesto values and principles
Delve into the elements and terminology of Scrum Methodology
- What is Scrum and when to use it?
- Scrum Sprint planning and executing
- Using reviews to meet customer demands
- Scrum retrospectives and tools for improvement
Develop better Scrum teams and team space
- The basics for good Agile teams and team space
- Delegating roles in Agile teams:
- Scrum Master/Coach
- Product Owner/Customer
- Team Members/Developers
- The importance of team space
- Physical space recommendations for successful Agile implementation
- Project initiation and inception
- Determine project justifications and analyse metrics
- Create a strong project vision and providing value-driven delivery
- Identify and manage various stakeholders along the way
- Forming your ideal Agile project team
Planning your Agile project with Scrum techniques
- A brief overview of project planning
- Creating and developing epics and stories
- Non-customer facing stories
- Investigating customer profiles to discover personas
- Story Maps
- Estimating and prioritising stories
- Creating product backlog and roadmap
- Conducting release planning
Master the function of sprints
- What are iterations and sprints?
- How to determine and calculate project and team velocity
- A look at iteration planning, meeting and guidelines
- Tracking and tools to keep your projects running smoothly:
- Daily Standup Meetings
- Cumulative Flow diagrams
- Kanban Charts
- Backlog grooming and sprint reviews
- Sprints in closing, including release, reports and retrospectives
Other Agile principles and applying best practices to your team
- Kanban techniques and best practices
- Explore Lean Software Development and Lean-Agile portfolio management
- Choose the right methodology and frameworks for your project
- Incorporate Scrum and Agile practices into your organisation
Tailor Your Training Experience
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.