About the workshop
The Australian Aged Care Sector continues to be a challenging environment to work in. As the sector becomes increasingly competitive, leaders must meet consumer expectations and ensure service delivery keeps pace with changing needs.
The Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety means it is crucial for leaders to learn how to adapt their organisation to new expectations, Aged Care standards, accreditations and funding instruments. Leaders must draw on their confidence to drive and guide the ongoing transformation in the Aged Care sector.
This hands-on, two-day interactive learning session has been designed with both emerging and current leaders in mind. It aims to equip you with the tools, knowledge and skills to build confidence in your leadership knowledge and drive ongoing transformation in the Aged Care Sector.
Understand the current climate in aged care
- Focus on recent changes and reviews in residential aged care in Australia
- The Aged Care Quality Standards
- Key learnings from the Royal Commission
- Understand accreditation in 2020
Manage a visit from the Aged Care Quality Commission effectively
- Be prepared for the visit including Consumer Experience Reports
- Managing the risk screen questions
- Essential communication tactics to maximise team engagement
- Positive and supportive communication with assessors
Leadership in aged care
- Lead with a purpose - establishing the WHY that drives a ‘resident centred’ culture
- Review the leadership styles that are relevant to current and future leadership of aged care
- Assess your current capabilities and determine capability gaps
Understand the clinical governance framework and manage the system
- Speak confidently to the clinical governance framework
- Create a culture and environment, which inspires improved care outcomes
- Understand high prevalence risks and system requirements in aged care
- Explore the legal requirements relating to restraints
- Understand Antimicrobial stewardship systems
- Essential elements of the Open Disclosure standards
Continuous improvement and Clinical indicators
- Understand the continuous improvement model
- Use data to drive changes
- Learn how to trend and analyse results
- Learn how to review and improve
- Wrap up reflection and discussion on key themes, and action plan
- What will you do differently as a result of this program?
- How to stay on track when other priorities demand attention
- Tools and ideas to navigate obstacles and competing priorities
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.