About the workshop
Facility management encompasses multiple disciplines and can be hard to define. This core business element directly impacts the success of an organisation and is an integral part of achieving business strategies. There is a constant struggle to balance evolving technology, corporate social responsibility and competing priorities. As such, it has a significant influence on how efficiently organisations function and their ROI.
As more organisations adopt the new standards, certain challenges require transformational change, which affects multiple business units. Change and transition leadership skills are crucial for the successful development of compliance. Leaders seeking to implement this standard need to be equipped with the right strategies to embed the principles and requirements of ISO 41000 standards in their organisation. The focus will be on equipping insight and practical strategies to lead the redesign, monitor the success and communicate these goals to every level of the organisation.
This workshop will give facility managers understanding of the new ISO standards for the role and how it is positioned in the wider company. Working through the process step-by-step, participants will break apart each section with the opportunity to evaluate their own organisation and develop practical solutions. Participants will leave with a comprehensive action plan to immediately begin implementing organisational change.
- Understand the standard and how it was developed
- Identify how the ISO standards align with business principles
- Clarify the facilities management vision for the business and communicate this to stakeholders
- Develop leadership skills to successfully engage with colleagues to achieve implementation outcomes
Designing an action plan for the Facilities Management role
- Understand the ISO 41000 standards and how it relates to current work processes
- Create a plan to apply the new framework to achieve best practice
- Consider the effects of the framework on current and future practices
- Design training and competency frameworks for relevant staff to ensure compliance with ISO 41000 standards
Aligning business goals and ISO 41000
- Analyse and identify the current position of the business in relation to the strategic plan through gap analysis
- Conduct a gap analysis to identify strength and development areas
- Understand how and why business functions relate to facilities management to achieve desired business goals
- Use feedback from staff to improve training and evolve internal process
Leading the change and transition
- Identify the leadership style best suited to leading the change of ISO 41000
- Create benchmarks and measures to monitor change progress and motivate staff to remain on track
- Develop strategies to secure support from other senior managers throughout the change
- Broaden communication skills ensure success and keep staff up to date with their progress
- Explore contractual arrangements to manage maintenance without compromising performance or safety
- Develop facility plans that are financially viable and low risk
- Evaluate current processes to determine how effective they are in delivery for both space and occupants
- Utilise data and feedback to inform future goals and strengthen delivery
Facility efficiency through design
- Connect stakeholders with the process to build a common vision both internally and externally
- Create processes that balance financial, efficiency, compliance and sustainability .
- Develop hard and soft facilities management approach to meet desired business goals
- Plan decision making strategies to provide assurance that facilities meet both financial and service level outcomes
Implementing and driving ISO 41000 compliance
- Develop and use KPIs for specific business units
- Oversee and track compliance and utilise data to enhance processes
- Strengthen facilities information systems to improve ongoing performance and occupants satisfaction
- Create a culture supportive of ISO compliance
Establish a plan to accelerate the implementation of ISO 41000
- Reflect and apply the learnings from the two-day workshop
- Open discussion: Formulate an action plan and associated KPIs
- Open discussion: Explore challenges faced by individuals and businesses
- Open discussion: Breakdown action plan into a step-by-step guide to implement new standards and engage across the business with the changes
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.