About the workshop
Recent updates to ISO 45001 provide a framework to improve employee safety, reduce workplace risks and create a shared standard of safety. But a robust and effective Safety Management System is about more than just meeting a standard, it's about protecting your people and your business, and the cost of missing the mark can be high. You need to understand how ISO 45001 applies to your business and ensure you are compliant, so you can tackle the real world complexities and lead a culture of safety.
This interactive workshop has been designed to unpack ISO 45001, ensure your Safety Management Systems are compliant, and to help you to embed best practice in your organisation. Explore what the changes really mean for your business, discuss insights and strategies to lead this change, develop appropriate means of monitoring success, and create engagement at all levels of the organisation.
The two days will work through the process logically, breaking apart each step and giving you the opportunity to explore your own organisation’s problems and develop practical solutions to accelerate the rollout.
- Integrating ISO45001 into your business
- Legal obligations for workplace safety
- Explore the right capabilities, processes and supporting systems
Intro to ISO 45001 and new suite of standards
- Key differences between ISO 45001, 4801 and other existing systems
- Explore language and core concepts, with respect to your business
- What your ISO 45001 manual looks like
ISO 45001 and different business functions
- Understand how new standards align with established systems
- Explore how different business functions interact with existing safety systems and projected change
- Effectively communicating change to all relevant stakeholders
Competency frameworks and training
- Frameworks to drive compliance after ISO 45000 implementation
- Identify existing strength areas, and areas for development
- KPIs for specific business units
- Create an action plan for the rollout of new standards
- Gap analysis to map business’ journey to compliance and best practice
- Track compliance and performance, using data to develop better processes
Developing an ISO compliant safety management culture
- Practical leadership skills
- Building team capability to make critical and informed decisions
- Strategic safety planning and internal audits
Effective safety communication
- How to gain buy-in from senior leaders
- Ensuring relevant stakeholders are kept informed and engaged
- Change management principles to support effective transition
Personal action plans
- Summarise the core components of the two-day course
- Open discussion: Formulate an ISO 45000 implementation action plan and associated KPIs
- Open discussion: Explore the challenges faced by individual businesses and organisations
- Open discussion: Create a step by step guide for implementing new standards and engaging staff with the changes
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.