About the workshop
As a leader, it is imperative that you have a sound understanding of mental health relative to the workplace. You play a pivotal role in fostering a long term commitment to drive and maintain initiatives that create a mentally healthy workplace, for the benefit of your employees. Psychologist and workplace mental health expert Melissa Harries has supported the development of psychologically safe workplaces and mentally healthy teams across all industries.
Deepen your understanding of anxiety, stress, and depression, and acquire skills to respond to and support the needs of your team and yourself to boost your resilience and maximise your potential to step up as a stronger leader with a stronger team.
Anxiety, stress and our response
- Understanding the nature and cause of anxiety and stress at work
- Examining and evaluating wellbeing
- Mapping stress signatures
Psychological safety at work
- Understanding legal obligations for a psychologically safe work environment
- A multilevel approach to preventing mental illness at work
- Understanding psychological hazards
- A wellbeing framework to support employee mental health
Mental health for managers - Support your team and your organisation
- Identifying red flags in staff (how well are they really coping)
- Broaching the topic of mental health with staff
- Understanding referral options and the manager's ongoing support role
- Responding to anxious workers
Self-care - Helping to build organisation-wide resilience
- Establishing a regular self-care routine for yourself to ensure stable leadership
- Encouraging positive well-being behaviours during different dispersed working and return-to-work scenarios
- Embedding self-care practices in the workplace to support the mental health of your team
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.