About the workshop
Ongoing transformations within the Western Australian Public Service, has created a greater need for effective leadership performance across all levels. As such aspiring and emerging leaders in PSGO 5-6 level roles are now required to undertake work of a more complex nature, operating in an autonomous and strategic manner for effective engagement with senior leadership.
This two-day hands on workshop will provide an opportunity to enhance core skills and explore the emerging leadership capabilities required for effective PSGO 5-6 level management. You will delve into the practical strategies relating to leading productive teams, improve decision-making and develop key skills of stakeholder engagement. A unique professional development opportunity to enhance your skill set, unlock your full leadership potential and advance your career.
- The capabilities, attributes and skills of an effective leader
- Identify your core values and goals as a leader
- Advocate your value as a leader
- Shape your leadership brand
Lead and manage productive teams
- Maintain team cohesion and build productive relationships
- Understand the differences between technical management and people leadership
- Leverage your leadership skills to better motivate and engage your team
- Build team capacity through coach and performance feedback
Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Evaluate your EQ level and identify opportunities for further growth and leadership development
- Understand your EQ and its impact on the way you are perceived as a leader
- Leverage your EQ in the workplace
- Embrace qualities of empathy and understand to become a better leader
Effective and practical decision making
- Make autonomous and independent decisions
- Draw on your experience, knowledge and judgement to make better decisions
- Deal with complex issues - making the ‘right’ decision
- Set achievable, manageable and measurable goals
- Problem identification and problem-solving strategies
- Support and influence stakeholders through change
- Leadership styles that drive effective transformation
Develop resilience to thrive in times of change
- Effectively manage change and uncertainty in the workplace
- Identify and monitor changes that impact your work environment
- Support your team, organisation and stakeholders through change
- Implement policies and procedures that reflect and embrace change
Stakeholder engagement and management
- Manage stakeholder relationships to achieve agency goals
- Identify and meet stakeholder needs and expectations
- Develop effective relationships with stakeholders
- Maintain strong internal and external networks
Core approaches for leaders to develop confidence in their capabilities
- Be an authentic leader and communicator
- Trust your initiative and judgement
- Plan and commit to actions that will lead to success
- Embrace resilience and flexibility as key leadership skills
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.