About the workshop
This interactive workshop will allow delegates to explore a practical managerial approach to address contemporary governance issues, tools, challenges and risks.
- Develop frameworks to improve accountability
- Maintain best practice governance through transformation
- Generate buy-in with stakeholders
- Model ethical leadership to strengthen governance structures
Assessing and measuring current frameworks
- Good vs poor governance - What to measure and by whom?
- Review the business logic of existing frameworks
- Reach upwards with governance evaluation
Writing frameworks that fit your organisation's goals
- Determine how much governance is required
- Performance and conformance - What is the right balance?
- Explore how governance isn’t ‘one size fits all’
Understanding risk and simplifying it throughout the organisation
- Set up risk, control and audit processes
- Explore how governance and risk management work best together
- Manage risk through committees or line management
Implementing new frameworks in times of change
- Reduce ‘red tape’ to promote agility
- Establish frameworks that promote change
- Strengthen your corporate governance frameworks
Establishing proactive governance and long-term strategic planning
- Reframe from reactive to proactive when it comes to risk
- Determine long-term and practical organisational goals
- Review flexible and evolving principles-based governance systems
Preparing for a ‘health check’ to continually evaluate effectiveness
- What should be on a review checklist?
- Where to find existing tools to prepare for review?
- Review perceived value of governance towards process improvement
Identifying stakeholder critical success factors for governance
- Obtain senior management buy-in for governance initiatives
- Communicate clear message from leadership to line managers
- Foster a culture of accountability and integrity
Leading by example to drive performance and improve compliance
- Demonstrate integrity, ethically through a position of trust
- Taking responsibility and being answerable for decisions
- Values-based leadership to inspire adherence
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.