About the workshop
The Waterfall Model has been proven to be one of the most effective methods used in project management, as seen by its implementation in relevant spaces for more than 40 years. As its name suggests, this development model centres on a step-by-step design process. Each stage must be completed before moving onto the next, resulting in it being favoured by PMP’s who prefer a more linear and organised strategy.
Attending this two day comprehensive workshop will provide you with an understanding of the planning and implementation of orthodox methodologies through this effective course design. Become familiar with key Waterfall approaches to mitigate complexities and risk in your capital work projects and master an approach that yields a wide range of benefits for new and experienced project management professionals.
Risk management whilst using the waterfall model is a very descriptive and robust process. These processes start off by planning for both known and unknown complexities in advance. Learn to plan and manage risks on the basis of priority and impact and mitigate challenges to your capital works project.
Risk management fundamentals
- Understand risk terminology and concepts
- Comprehend risk perceptions and affecting factors
- Utilise risk management processes/methodology
Risk management planning and strategy
- Develop a risk management plan
- Familiarise yourself with risk roles and responsibilities
Risk types and categories
- Create a risk breakdown structure
- Importance of tracking, recording, and tolerance
Risk sources and identification
- What is a risk source?
- What are the risk causes and triggers?
- How to identify risks
- Uses for a risk register
Risk tracking and adapting
- The reason for risk audits and reserve analysis
- Evaluate and adapt risk responses
- Change requests and corrective actions
- Assess risk metrics and lessons learned
- Project management - Project life cycle
- Program and portfolio
- Project success factors
Conception and initiation of projects
- Engage your stakeholders stakeholders
- Develop a Project Charter
Preparation and planning
- Subsidiary Management Plans
- Performance Measurement Baseline (Scope, schedule, cost)
Execute, monitor and control
- Essential control processes
- Work Performance Reports
- Issue and conflict management
- Applied Change Control
Delivery and closure of program
- Closing activities and reports
- Summary of lessons learned
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
- Project Director
- Major Projects Coordinator
- Capital Works Manager
- Project Managers
- Project Coordinators
- Project Controller
- Contract Management
- Infrastructure Management
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Planning & Infrastructure Manager
- Asset Management
- Communications Officer
- Public Engagement Coordinator