About the workshop
One in five Australians experience mental ill-health in a 12-month period, these are usually caused by a reaction to a difficult life event, which can be caused or made worse by work-related issues. Gain a greater knowledge of mental health in the workplace and how you can support yourself and those around you. You will consider the overall concepts of mental health and well-being, as well as psychological skills to effectively manage your mental health and well-being.
This course will quip you with the skills and knowledge to better understand and manage your own mental health and well-being, and also help support those around you. Deepen your understanding of anxiety, stress, and depression, and acquire skills to boost your resilience and optimise performance during challenging times.
MELISSA HARRIES-specific text
Psychologist and workplace mental health expert Melissa Harries has supported the development of psychologically safe workplaces and mentally healthy teams across all industries. Melissa will equip you with the skills and knowledge to better understand and manage your own mental health and well-being, and also help support those around you. Deepen your understanding of anxiety, stress, and depression, and acquire skills to boost your resilience and optimise performance during challenging times.
Anxiety and stress - How we respond to uncertainty
- Understanding the nature and cause of anxiety and stress at work
- Examining and evaluating wellbeing
- Mapping stress signatures
Using neuroscience to work more effectively with others
- Understand the five key domains that influence your behavior in social situations
- Strategies for regulating panic reactions, and maximising positive feelings
- How to maximise your sense of connection and cohesion in digital teams
Mental health for individuals and employees
- Identify warning signs in yourself and your team-members
- Managing your own well-being and being available to support your colleagues
- Communication techniques for building rapport and empathetic understanding
- Practical strategies for supporting anxious colleagues, friends, or family
Psychological Skills for the workplace
- Understanding the function of emotions and what a healthy emotional life looks like
- Practical psychological strategies to change unhelpful thoughts and to switch off worry
- Practice emotion regulation skills
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Anyone seeking to better understand and manage their own mental health and well-being, and better support their peers, friends, families, or teams