About the workshop
Ongoing change and complexity places an even greater emphasis on effective performance management practices to drive employee engagement and team productivity.
As an leader at any level, you must effectively bridge the gap between planning and action, and are responsible for managing these challenging day-to-day dynamics that can be the key to operational success. You must not only understand the risks of employee disengagement, and be able to spot the warning signs, but also be equipped with the communication and essential conflict resolution skills necessary to successfully manage them.
This hands-on program is designed to give you the latest tools, techniques and practical frameworks to successfully manage for better results in today’s fast-changing world. The program will connect theory with practice and over the course of the training, you will learn to prepare for tough conversations, provide effective and proactive performance feedback and tackle employee performance with the right language, reframing and consistency.
- Understand your responsibilities as a manager and people leader
- Explore the importance (and challenges) of managing performance
- Agility, risk aversion and organisational expectation
- Understanding and contextualising employee engagement, and your role as a manager
Understanding the risk of employee disengagement (and what it looks like)
- Engaging with risk and managing the consequences
- Explore what disengagement looks like in your department or team
- Appropriate conduct for risk assessment and risk management activities
- Apply performance management practices that reflect best practice models
How to effectively engage with your team
- Understand value drivers for each team member, and tailor your conversations
- Clarify performance objectives, outcomes, behaviours and values, and formulate links with broader business plans
- Navigate the initial challenges of difficult conversations
- Explore coaching strategies to build capability in a team environment
Providing proactive and effective performance feedback
- Tackle underperformance with the right language, reframing and consistency
- Understand the conversation around the conversation
- Ensure performance conversations flow both ways
- Learn to listen effectively, and become open to 180ᐤ feedback
- Reinforce support with consistent feedback
Preparing for tough conversations
- Learn to get comfortable being uncomfortable
- Effective communication strategies
- How to build rapport and why it is important
- Uncover biases in your communication tendencies
Tailor your communication style to need and situation
- Who are you talking to? Identify your key stakeholders
- Learn to adjust your style on the fly and deliver the correct message
- Ask the right questions to get better results
- When to act, and when to listen
Essential conflict resolution skills
- Strengthen your ability to become an active listener
- Manage emotional hot buttons for positive and assertive communication
- Manage clashes and learn to effectively “code switch” to keep on message
- Creating win-win solutions
Pre-empting performance management conversations
- Spotting red flags before they become a problem
- Integrate performance conversations in your day-to-day
- How to effectively plan and monitor work processes, and set performance indicators
- Embedding purpose in performance management
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.