About the workshop
The ISO 55000 Standards set the worldwide benchmark for the design, acquisition, operation and maintenance and disposal of physical assets. The application of these standards delivers a high level of assurance that assets are “fit for purpose” and “safe to use” over their life cycle – while always providing the required return on investment. As organisations adopt these standards, certain challenges in implementation are becoming apparent.
Implementing ISO 55000 standards requires transformational change which affects multiple business units. Leaders seeking to implement this standard need to be equipped with the right knowledge strategies to embed the principles and requirements of ISO 55000 standards in their organisation.
This interactive workshop is designed specifically for organisations who are grappling with the implementation of ISO 55000 standards across their organisation. The focus is on equipping participants with the insight and strategies necessary to lead this change, develop appropriate means of monitoring success, and create engagement at all levels of the organisation. The two days will work through the process logically, breaking apart each step and giving participants the opportunity to explore their own organisation’s problems and develop practical solutions to accelerate the rollout.
- Understand how the ISO Standards align with key business principles and can support your organisation’s desired business outcomes
- Develop a clear vision for the business and convey this to all relevant stakeholders
- Identify how and why different business functions integrate with the management of assets to achieve the desired business outcomes
- Develop the right leadership framework to successfully engage with staff to build a set of key actions
Create an action plan for the rollout of new standards
- Use a gap analysis approach to identify where the business stands in relation to future intended outcomes
- Review and understand gap analysis information to identify strength areas and areas for development
- Create training and competency frameworks for relevant staff to ensure compliance with the new standards
- Utilise feedback from staff to increase the effectiveness of training and internal processes
- Identify the transformational leadership style you need to enable you to lead the implementation of ISO 55000
- Set benchmarks and measures to monitor change progress and keep staff on track
- Develop strategies to enlist the active support of other senior managers of your organisation in the transformational change
- Develop communication strategies to keep staff up to date with the transformation and their role within it
Drive asset efficiency through effective design and contracting measures
- Engage internal and external stakeholders with the full change process to build a common vision
- Develop processes that consider whole-of-life issues during asset planning and acquisition that deliver the desired balance of cost, risk and asset performance
- Develop a risk-based, data-driven approach that will assure the financial viability of an asset
- Develop asset management strategies (planning and execution) that provide assurance of financial outcomes and the required asset service levels/outputs
- Explore different contractual (internal and external) arrangements to manage maintenance expenditure without compromising asset performance or safety
- Utilise financial and failure data to inform the planning, management and maintenance of assets
- Develop maintenance plans (OPEX) that meet ROI requirements
- Evaluate existing internal asset planning processes (CAPEX) to determine how they deliver ROI requirements
Frameworks to drive compliance after ISO 55000 implementation
- Develop and use KRAs and KPIs developed for specific business units
- Track and monitor compliance, using data to develop better processes
- Develop techniques to help staff understand their individual and team role for ISO compliance
- Strengthen asset information collection systems to improve the ongoing performance of assets
- Develop an ISO compliant asset management culture
Learn from asset failures
- Understand internal and external responsibilities for the management of risk
- Develop decision-making criteria for use when developing asset management and maintenance plans
- Establish frameworks for investigating inefficiency or in-effectiveness
- Minimise losses by being proactive and taking charge of the situation
- Use audits and feedback from multiple stakeholders to identify and avoid potential hazards early on
The next step – Develop a plan to accelerate ISO 55000 implementation
- Summarise the core components of the two-day course
- Open discussion: Formulate an ISO 55000 implementation action plan and associated KPIs
- Open discussion: Exploring the challenges faced by individual businesses and organisations
- Open discussion: Create a step by step guide for implementing new standards and engaging staff with the changes
Tailor Your Training Experience
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.