About the workshop
Operations are the heart of Higher Education, ensuring streamlined processes, productive staff, and efficient departmental performance. Unlike other industries, Higher Education serves multiple constituents that have overlapping, and at times, competing needs. Navigating this tentacle-like environment of dual, or even triple, reporting lines can be frustrating. As continuous change and dwindling budgets cause disruptions throughout Higher Ed institutions, we must look to leadership as the remedy.
With guidance from renowned operational professionals across all faculties and departments in Higher Education, this workshop will equip you with the skills to improve collaboration and engagement, and become more efficient undertaking your day-to-day tasks. You'll walk away knowing how to exceed expectations for both stakeholders and students.
Reflect on your leadership strengths and weaknesses
- Understand and develop self-awareness
- Assess the responsibilities and attributes of successful leaders
- Identify your leadership brand
Time management, productivity and prioritisation
- Tips and tricks to be more productive
- How to delegate tasks effectively
- Strategies to master prioritisation
The fundamentals of effective communication
- Develop your communication strategy: Style, structure and substance
- Understand your audience’s expectations
- Develop more flexibility in your communication overall
Master the art of negotiation
- Build the confidence to resolve disputes
- Develop influence through assertiveness
- Recognise and regulate your reactions and emotions
Engage and collaborate with stakeholders
- Unpack who your stakeholders are
- The stages of engagement that lead to genuine collaboration
- Understand your accountability to stakeholders
Interactive Panel Discussion: Bridging the gap between academic and professional staff
- Understand the key differences and drivers
- Encourage team cohesion
- Align priorities and goals
Leverage the power of positive psychology
- Explore the relationship between your values, purpose, and enhanced performance
- Understand the science behind employee motivation and behaviour
- Develop strategies to establish a positive team mindset and strengthen culture
Keeping the team on track for exceptional performance
- Monitor behaviour and outcomes for high performance
- Communicating success - Dashboards and KPIs
- Strategies for having difficult performance conversations with confidence
- Reflect on key takeaways
- Refine your leadership toolkit
- Set your goals and action plan
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Operations professionals within all divisions across HE & Tertiary Education:
Human Resources Operations
Marketing / Communications Operations
Student Recruitment Operations