About the workshop
Ongoing change in the Australian Public Sector has unlocked new and exciting opportunities for emerging women leaders to step up into senior executive roles. Responsive and adaptable leadership is critical when navigating this change successfully. Leaders who are responsible for this must be strategic, influential, and take responsibility for highly complex projects. This is particularly true for those in EL1 & EL2 roles.
Aimed at existing and emerging EL1 & EL2 women leaders, this two-day workshop will deliver the essential toolkit for success in the Australian Public Sector. Aspiring leaders in this environment must display reflective thinking, self-awareness, planning and strategy, but also the confidence and courage to put themselves forward for new opportunities.
This workshop will equip women with the tools and practical knowledge to build confidence in their leadership abilities and to best position themselves for career advancement. Delve into the increasing complexities of stakeholder management, building autonomy in your team, and becoming a key influencer and decision-maker.
Authentic executive-level leadership for women in the public sector
- Expectations and values of senior or executive leader
- Understand individual strengths and values as a leader
- Navigate the move from micro to macro leadership
Understanding your own leadership style
- Build self-awareness of leadership traits and how they align with organisational goals
- Recognising demands of leadership and the expectations of the organisation
- Embracing your diverse and inclusive leadership style
Understand how your Emotional Intelligence (EI) impacts how you are perceived as a leader
- Enhance self-awareness to lead and motivate your team
- Optimise personal strengths to enhance emotional competence
- Utilise heightened EI to make effective strategic decisions
Build resilience to thrive during times of change
- Techniques to maintain resilience and prepare for unexpected challenges
- Support your team and engage others to deliver
- Debrief after crisis - Provide and accept feedback
Develop techniques of persuasion, negotiation, and influence
- Managing emotions for positive and assertive communication and relationships
- Utilise coaching skills and ‘conversational intelligence’ to boost team performance
- Preparing for and having difficult conversations with confidence
Transformational leadership strategies to accelerate team performance
- Leverage team dynamics to enhance performance by building team capability and accountability
- Tools for managing complex issues
- Adaptable leadership strategies for managing different people
Develop your team’s resilience to stress and change
- Engage and manage stakeholder expectations during change
- Learn to trust your intuition and step outside your comfort zone
- Engage and manage sensitive issues under pressure
Senior and Executive-Level Women’s Leadership think-tank
- Create a personal leadership plan for strategic career progression
- Everyday career management practices
- Tools and ideas to navigate obstacles and competing priorities
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Aspiring, emerging and existing women leaders across all disciplines and departments throughout the Public Sector, including:
- EL1 & EL2
- Managers / Assistant Managers
- Senior Officers / Senior Advisors
- Project Managers / Program Managers
- Team Leaders
- Branch / Section Managers
- Regional Managers
- Directors / Assistant Directors