About the workshop
New strategic directions and ongoing change in government brings a greater need for more effective and efficient performance from professionals across all levels. This is never more true than for entry level public sector professionals, the foundation of excellence for government, but also the critical first step on the road to leadership.
This two-day workshop has been designed for entry level government professionals to advance essential skills and explore the capabilities to thrive today, and lead tomorrow. Across two hands-on, intensive days, you will delve into practical strategies to operate autonomously and exhibit greater awareness of agency goals, while learning to influence others, understand change management principles, and apply flexible thinking to problem solve and make effective decisions.
Register today for this unique professional development opportunity for high performing government professionals, enabling you to perform at your peak, and position yourself for advancement in the Public Sector.
Establish your personal and professional values
- Assess the skills, capabilities, and attributes of an effective leader
- Establish your core values at the heart of your professional band
- Learn to demonstrate your value to the organisation
- Become a reflective practitioner and lifelong learner
Coaching, supervising, and managing relationships - the importance of Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Understand the impact of EI on your performance
- Use authenticity, acceptance, and empathy to build trust
- Create and sustain relationships at all levels in the organisation
- Identify opportunities to develop your EI and the EI of others
Increase accountability and positively influence others
- Enhance team cohesion, engagement and motivation
- Make a business case - provide sound advice and recommendations
- Study conflict resolution techniques and models
- Build team capacity through performance feedback and coaching
Harness the ability to problem solve and make effective decisions
- Use flexible thinking styles to find solutions
- Re-frame your thinking to solve problems
- Trust your experience to develop robust decision-making processes
- Balance independent and group decision-making efforts
Understand change management principles
- Develop new styles for managing transformation and change
- Improve situational awareness and solution finding
- Support stakeholders and teams through changes
- Learn to set measurable goals and communicate expectations clearly
Improve stakeholder management for career success
- Expand influence and better understand stakeholder interests and needs
- Resolve complex enquiries and competing viewpoints
- Strengthen your negotiation skills
- Form and maintain stronger stakeholder relationships
Develop resilience in times of uncertainty
- Support others through challenging times
- Grow strong internal and external networks for advice
- Develop strength through diversity of thought
- Invest in self-care - Maintain your emotional and physical wellbeing
Key approaches to grow trust, credibility and build confidence in your abilities
- Trust models - learn to generate trust the quick and slow method
- Be courageous - trust yourself to perform
- Embrace flexibility on the road to success
- Commit to a conscious development path
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
APS 4 banded level roles across all disciplines & departments throughout the Public Sector, including:
- APS 4
- Analysts / Specialists
- Executive Support & Office Administration