About the workshop
Transformations in the Australian Public Sector have unlocked new and exciting opportunities for emerging women leaders to step up into senior executive roles. To successfully navigate this complex and ever-changing environment, leaders must possess keen insight into the internal and external challenges facing the sector, but also a clear understanding of themselves and the impact they have within their team, and the broader organisation.
Aspiring leaders in this environment must display reflective thinking, self-awareness, planning and strategy, but also the confidence and courage to put themselves forward for new opportunities.
This workshop will equip women with the tools and practical knowledge to build confidence in their leadership abilities and to best position themselves for career advancement. This hands-on, interactive learning session has been designed with both current and emerging leaders in mind. It aims to equip participants with a practical leadership plan they can use to navigate a successful career and advance to senior levels.
Understanding your own leadership style
- Build self-awareness of leadership traits and how they align with organisational goals
- Developing a ‘leadership at every level’ mindset
- Recognise demands of leadership and the expectations of your organisation
Strategies for controlling self-doubt
- Recognise and manage your inner critic
- Finding your inner coach
- The foundations of your emotional self-regulation toolkit
Leading with Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Evaluate your EI and identify opportunities for further growth and development
- Understand your EI and its impact on the way you are perceived as a leader
- Embrace qualities of empathy and understanding to become a better leader
Practising resilience and authenticity through times of change
- Techniques to maintain resilience
- Trust your intuition and step outside your comfort zone
- Recognise and overcome hurdles to change
Communicating with influence
- Understanding different communication styles
- How to talk about the issue not the person
- Non-verbal skills to communicate with authority
Strategy and negotiation skills
- Strategies to develop positive and assertive communication and relationships
- Develop effective coaching skills and ‘conversational intelligence’
- Effective techniques of persuasion and negotiation
Stakeholder engagement and management
- Manage stakeholder relationships to achieve agency goals
- Identify and meet stakeholder needs and expectations
- Maintain strong internal and external networks
APS 5-6 Women’s Leadership think-tank
- Wrap up discussion on key themes and your career action plan
- What will you do differently as a result of this program?
- How to stay on track when other priorities demand attention
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Aspiring, emerging and existing women leaders across all disciplines and departments throughout the Public Sector, including:
- APS 5-6
- Senior Officers
- Principal Officers
- Senior Advisors