- Strategies to raise your professional profile
- Enhance your stakeholder relationships
- Sharpen your strategic communication skills
- Build & leverage your leadership strengths
Julie Anne Genter
Julie Anne Genter MP is an American-born New Zealand politician who is a member of the House of Representatives representing the Green Party of Aotearoa New Zealand. She is currently the Minister for Women, Associate Minister for Health and Associate Minister for Transport.
Minister for Women & Transport Associate Minister
New Zealand Parliament
Ministry of Transport
Head of Transport Sustainability
General Manager People and Capability
City Rail Link Ltd
Current discount ending!
Prices start at
More people? More savings!
3 - 4
5 - 9
10 - 14
Advancing into leadership can be a challenging transition, but mastering the art of leadership will equip you with the skills to thrive in any environment. Explore and develop the fundamental skills to seamlessly transition into leadership. You'll learn how to leverage your technical skills and build new capabilities for peak performance.
Leap out of your comfort zone
- Adopt a leadership mindset
- Identify role models for success
- Deal with the demons
Your leadership toolbox: What do you bring? What do you need?
- Clarify your leadership capabilities and values
- Define your leadership style
- The 5 conversations you need to schedule in
Plan for early wins
- Introduction to emotional intelligence
- Communicate like a pro
- Measure your success
Plan for career progression
- Expand your sphere of influence
- Define your brand and market yourself
- Develop your action plan
Creating a positive workplace culture will increase productivity, employee morale and drive engagement. Stephanie will explore how she leads her team to boost performance.
- The impact on curating positivity
- Why kindness matters
- Understand the needs of your team
Stephanie Campbell General Manager Strategic Land Use Kiwirail
To create a high performing team, you need the right culture for your organisation. Karen will discuss her strategies for building team success.
- Have everyone's voice heard
- Create value within your team
- Celebrate your team’s success
Karen Lyons Auckland Director Ministry of Transport
Working in an alliance requires the management of people from different organisations. Jennifer will discuss the key learnings from a significant 10-year project.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders
- Strategies for achieving business objectives
- Leave a lasting legacy on the roading landscape
Jennifer Hart Principal (Technical Director) Beca Group Ltd
Leaders who evolve their leadership brands are more likely to be successful in the long term. Michel will discuss how all-inclusive leadership is imperative for your brand.
- Identify your core values
- Leverage your strengths
- Earn respect from your team
Michel Ladrak Managing Director Transdev Auckland
Striking a work-life equilibrium is easier said than done. Our panel will discuss how they balance their personal and professional priorities, ensuring their staff are empowered to do the same.
- Communicate your needs
- Eliminate the feeling of guilt
- Identify your values
Rebekah Pokura-Ward Project Director NZ Transport Agency
Victoria Day Technical Director - Advisory Mott MacDonald NZ
Teresa Monahan General Manager Operations DHL Supply Chain
Mel Taylor Senior Transport Planner Aurecon
Leaders of technical departments will need to manage diversely skilled people. Claire will explain how she leads a high performing team.
- Redefine the leadership role – it’s not about being the most experienced
- Facilitate generational knowledge transfer
- Enable strong teamwork
Claire Rusin Team leader- Integrated Transport Planning WSP Opus
The vision, value and delivery of CRL are due to dedicated, committed and outcome-focussed leadership. Moira will discuss putting together one of the vastest projects in New Zealand.
- Lead the way with the alliance delivery model
- The outputs of committed and outcome-focussed leadership.
- Be agile and collaborative to capture public and political momentum
Moira Manning General Manager People and Capability City Rail Link Ltd
Identifying the right career path will help you build confidence. Julie Anne will explain how to find your personal power.
- Empower yourself to step up
- Find your inner voice
- Establish your career goals
Julie Anne Genter Minister for Women & Transport Associate Minister New Zealand Parliament
Implementing a strong leadership finesse will promote a positive workplace environment. Diane will help you unlock the skills to lead a team effectively.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses
- Create authentic leadership
- Have the courage to be yourself
Diane Edwards General Manager People,Systems and Technology Ports of Auckland
Navigating your career pathway is essential for professional growth. Viv will discuss her incredible road to leadership.
- Identify leadership opportunities
- Learn to say yes
- Show your leadership capability
Viv Heslop Head of Transport Sustainability Auckland Transport
To be a powerful leader, you must create a sustainable workplace environment that encourages diverse thinking. Our panellists will discuss how they are defining the future workforce.
- Embed that right culture
- Create a diverse environment
- Create your leadership legacy
Rebecca Reti Head of Strategic Change & High Performance New Zealand Post
Nesh Pillay LRT Transport Consenting Lead (on City Centre to Mangere Light Rail) City Centre to Mangere Light Rail
Josephine Dando National Health, Safety and Quality Manager TIL Freight Ltd
Ami Willmoth Commercial Manager (Transport Services) Brian Perry Civil
Realising your potential will create an efficient leadership pathway. Jess will discuss ways to empower yourself.
- Recognise the symptoms
- Ways to extract self-doubt
- Accept a positive mindset
Leadership journeys can start in many different ways. Doris will discuss her leadership journey and how she prepared the unexpected.
- Build confidence in your abilities
- Identify career opportunities
- Build trust and capabilities
Doris Stroh Technical Director, Transport Aurecon New Zealand
This closing roundtable discussion will ignite reflection and equip you with tools to help you redefine your future leadership journey.
- Reflect on key learnings
- Strategies to apply today
- Prepare your future goals
Workplace culture starts from the top and requires exemplary leadership to create an environment of trust. Discover best practice strategies to create an innovative workplace culture and boost productivity.
Build strong self-awareness
- Understand what exceptional leadership looks like
- Harness the power of emotional intelligence
- Build your leadership brand
Create your authentic leadership style
- Uncover your authentic identity
- The power resilience
- Leverage your strengths
Understand your team's needs
- Learn how to inspire and motivate others
- Understand the difference between managing versus leading
- Master the art of positive leadership and build engagement
The imposter syndrome
- Encourage positive thinking from your team and yourself
- Improve your outlook on the future
- Set goals and expectations you know you can achieve
Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour
Auckland, New Zealand
* Terms and conditions apply