Harness your leadership potential, develop essential skills and transport your career to new heights
- Mould a resilient mindset to grow in a male-dominated environment
- Strategies to steer yourself and your teams to success
- Sharpen your tools for career advancement in a complex landscape
- Practical tips to forge support networks and mentors
Group Executive, Corporate Services & SafetyAustralian Rail Track Corporation
Technical Director, TransportAurecon New Zealand
Managing DirectorTransdev Auckland
DirectorNZ Transport Agency
General Manager, Corporate Relations and CommunicationsCity Rail Link
Project Director - Auckland Light RailMinistry of Transport
Section Leader - Transport InfrastructureJacobs Engineering NZ
Urban Mobility ManagerNZ Transport Agency
Technical Director, TransportMott MacDonald NZ
General Manager Culture and CommunityNapier Port
Specialist Urban DesignerAuckland Council
Dr Bridget Burdett
Senior Travel Demand PlannerAuckland Transport
Principal Transport PlannerMott MacDonald NZ
Transport PlannerAuckland Transport
Professional Development FacilitatorMint Education
General Manager People, Foresight and InnovationPorts of Auckland
Managing DirectorSplice Consulting
To establish your leadership presence, you must deploy core leadership skills and develop a broad strategic networking perspective. This workshop will teach you how to lead without compromising your authentic leadership style. You'll gain the tools to tap into your existing capabilities and renew your leadership vision.
Understand your leadership style
- Management vs leadership - what makes a leader?
- Build self-awareness of leadership traits
- A behavioural approach to leadership
Confidence and courageous leadership
- Develop your confidence and resilience
- Tackle tough situations with courage
- Traits and mannerisms of confidence
Getting the best out of people
- Communication - learn to become a better listener
- Provide clear direction and strategic goals
- Enhance your coaching skills, and practice giving and receiving feedback
Develop diverse strategic networks
- Effective networking techniques and strategies
- Using your network
- Embody leadership roles, responsibility and behaviours
- Embrace complexity, uncertainty and diversity
Ruth Hamilton Managing Director Splice Consulting
Throughout her nineteen-year career, Kylie's learned there's no single path to leadership. Kylie will detail her journey at Australian Rail Track Corporation Ltd, exploring how identifying and leveraging her strengths helped her navigate a nonlinear career. Discover how to create new opportunities, say yes for success and build the confidence to take ownership of your career path.
- Cultivate negotiation skills for any situation
- Demonstrate your aptitude for leadership success
- Say yes and step up as a leader
Kylie Gallasch Group Executive, Corporate Services & Safety Australian Rail Track Corporation
Diversity is a reality, inclusion is a choice. Leaders have a responsibility to promote gender diversity among executive and board positions, but structural barriers and gender bias continue to contribute to the lack of women in leadership roles.
Investing in people and developing authentic, meaningful relationships can make a difference in achieving success and finding long-term career support. Kathryn King is the NZ Transport Agency’s Urban Mobility Manager, a role that sees her manage teams who make Auckland’s streets safer and more appealing for the public. Kathryn will discuss NZTA’s strategic investment in women and the value of building relationships.
- Learn the language of others
- Navigate barriers in diversity
- Orchestrate innovation towards positive change
Kathryn King Urban Mobility Manager NZ Transport Agency
Working remotely or managing virtual teams in different locations presents distinct challenges for leaders, who must continue to exert influence and create engagement. Sonja will demystify remote team management and provide leadership insights for mobile success. She’ll discuss how to identify your blind spots and make time for high-level thinking, plus establish a healthy work-life balance.
- Build trust with team members
- Communicate effectively with your team(s)
- Develop a work-life balance that works for you
Sonja Nightingale Technical Director, Transport Mott MacDonald NZ
Ready to embrace your personal growth? Start by forging a resilient mindset and opening the door to new perspectives, allowing proactive self-reflection. Viv reflects on her journey of understanding the value of change and will share strategies for embracing an agile culture. Gain an understanding of what culture really means and how you can positively influence it as a leader.
- Engage a learning mindset
- Lead proactive organisational culture change
- Practical approaches to change management
Viv Bull General Manager Culture and Community Napier Port
Whether you're making time for your family, friends, or yourself, creating balance entails careful navigation. Where do you draw the line without compromising your ambition or wellbeing? Doris will provide insight into her journey, discussing the challenges, solutions, and opinions on the inevitable work-life balance problem.
- Hear strategies to achieve work-life balance
- Conquer challenges to achieve harmony
- Establish your boundaries to ensure a life outside work
Doris Stroh Technical Director, Transport Aurecon New Zealand
Change needs to take place internally, in people's perceptions and thoughts, before action can follow. Peter will reflect on the last year at Transdev as the managing director and will provide strategies for becoming a change champion in your organisation. Explore different ways to manage, initiate, and lead change.
- Encourage and foster collaborative ways of thinking
- Practical tools for enabling change
- Strategies to assist in championing new direction
Peter Lensink Managing Director Transdev Auckland
If you're ready for leadership, you'll need to be prepared to navigate the volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous reality of the business landscape. Diane Edwards shares how the Ports of Auckland's focus on sustainability is driving creativity and innovation. She’ll also discuss the reality of AI on employment - is it a threat? Walk away with essential skills to leverage networking and collaboration to build an exciting future.
- Embrace change through innovation
- Drive a creative adaptive mindset
- Network and mentor towards a bright future
Diane Edwards General Manager People, Foresight and Innovation Ports of Auckland
Victoria relaunched the Auckland Arts Festival, then left politics to found Cityhop, NZ’s first and largest cars-by-the-hour company. Her presentation will help you reflect on leadership journey and equip yourself with the skills and strategies to unleash your potential. You will end up with an action plan to help you stand out and step up.
- Reflect on your leadership journey
- Skills and strategies to unleash your leadership potential
- Create an action plan to stand out and step up
Victoria Carter Director NZ Transport Agency
One thing superheroes and leaders have in common is a story of transformation in the face of defeat. Many leaders think that to save the day, they've got to hide weakness. But real heroes know vulnerability isn't your kryptonite - it's a superpower!
Dr Burdett shares what success means for an engineer/psychologist and how it relates to the superpowers of successful women. Redefine your vision of success and think outside the box to transform yourself as a leader.
- Superpower your leadership mindset
- Construct your leadership brand
- Raise your hand to every opportunity
Dr Bridget Burdett Principal Researcher MRCagney
Confidence comes naturally for some but requires time and commitment for others. The trick is to focus on your weaknesses, rather than reinforce your strengths, to accelerate growth. Our panel of leaders will reflect upon the experiences that shaped their careers and the advice they would share with their younger selves, inspiring you to reach the next step in your career.
- Lessons learned on the road to success
- Reflect on challenges and opportunities
- Advice to leaders of the future
Victoria Jessop General Manager, Corporate Relations and Communications City Rail Link
Amelia East Project Director - Auckland Light Rail Ministry of Transport
Andrew Martindale Section Leader - Transport Infrastructure Jacobs Engineering NZ
Lucy Millier Principal Transport Planner Mott MacDonald NZ
The Tactical Urbanism programme, delivered by Auckland Council and funded by the City Center Targeted Rate, seeks to provide temporary, low-cost, people-centred interventions through a mix of collaborative activations in the public realm.
By reflecting on leading the diverse tactical urbanism plans at Auckland Council, Claire shares her learnings from significant projects including Federal Street Walking & Cycling Improvements, Shortland Street Polka Dots and Alfred Street Parking Removal. Learn how to establish yourself as a strategic leader, grow from analysing conclusions, and explore practical techniques to prioritise your time.
- Gain insight into the projects making our streets safer
- Embrace and encourage trialling new ideas
- Confidently lead the value of an initiative
Claire Davis Specialist Urban Designer Auckland Council
Organisations test and try a wide range of trendy tips for keeping different generations of workers happy. But when it comes to attracting and retaining top talent, employers need to understand what employees want. The Auckland Transport Sustainable Mobility Team have been developing a flexible working campaign to encourage commuters to change the time they travel. In this interactive presentation, Jeremy and Hannah will explore the benefits of a flexible work environment. They will discuss tips, tools, and strategies for kickstarting your organisation's journey towards flexible working arrangements.
- Create a flexible working environment with employee wellbeing at its core
- Investing in the personal and professional pursuits of individuals enhances productivity
- Understand individual differences and the role they play in work-life balance
Jeremy Elley-Brown Senior Travel Demand Planner Auckland Transport
Hannah Jemmett Transport Planner Auckland Transport
When establishing your managerial credibility, you must communicate with determination and clarity. But communication is more than the ability to convey ideas. Exceptional communicators evoke emotions and rouse attention.
Through this engaging discussion, Pippa will summarise the takeaways from the event and offer tips for taking the next step in your career. Understand various communication styles and tap into your strengths so that you can convey ideas and influence with authenticity.
- Refresh your communication style
- Summarise takeaways and learnings
- Forge your transition into the confident you
Pippa Lawlor Professional Development Facilitator Mint Education
Transitioning from a technical specialist to a strategic leader can be daunting. On top of increased responsibility, you must develop a new skill set as you shift from a detail-oriented technician to a big-picture strategist.
This interactive workshop will boost your awareness of the essential skills and knowledge required for your new position. You will learn to utilise your technical expertise, gaining the tools to adapt your communication style and propel your leadership career.
Understand and acknowledge the transition
- Explore the principles of leadership
- Key differences between a technical specialist and a strategic leader
- Assess the potential for successful leadership
Prepare for your leadership role
- Utilise your technical knowledge to your advantage
- Understand the impact of your strengths and weaknesses
- Develop a professional development plan
Adapt your communication style
- Communication with impact on different audiences
- Learn to communicate with confidence
- Discover the power of mindfulness to enhance your communication
How to be the person others want to follow
- Learn how to set your team up for success
- Build on and gain your team's trust
- Have empathy towards your team
Pippa Lawlor Professional Development Facilitator Mint Education
Event Starting In!
128 Albert Street, Auckland, 1010, New Zealand
(09) 302 1111