Free the leader within! Join a movement of ambitious, inspired and empowered women
- Discover your authentic leadership style
- Expand your personal and professional network of like-minded women
- Build mental mechanisms for leadership excellence
- Create your roadmap for career success
Managing Director, Chief Operating OfficerCommonwealth Bank Australia
Chief Operating Officer, ANZ & ASEANSalesforce
Chief Information Officer, Group Business UnitsWestpac
Executive General Manager, Network Delivery ServicesAusgrid
CMDR Krissy Barrett
Commander OperationsAustralian Federal Police
Head of Region, APACBuzzFeed
Group Executive, Nuclear Science & Technology and Landmark InfrastructureAustralian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
Consulting Partner & Chief Digital Information OfficerPwC Australia
Executive Director, Strategic OperationsTransport for NSW
Associate Director, SupermarketsMondelēz International
Director, Defence CapabilityDowner Defence
General Manager Human ResourcesBPAY
General Manager Banca, Partnerships & Advice, AIAA & CEO and Managing Director, AIAFSAIA Australia
Assistant Commissioner, Visual Analytics & TransformationAustralian Taxation Office
Founder & Chief Empathy OfficerSqr One
Leadership Performance CoachJo Wise Leadership
Chief Executive OfficerJosie Thomson Enterprises
Founder & Communications CoachResonate Communications
Chief Executive OfficerMary's House Services
Time management and prioritisation are critical skills for anyone who wants to be successful in life, achieve their goals and turn their dreams into reality. Organisations are stronger and more productive when employees perform and feel their best. It sounds logical, however no easy task in reality. Good performance is often confused with working long hours, and employees are left facing considerable time/task conflict, feeling stressed and overwhelmed.
People who have developed best practices in time management and productivity enjoy a tremendous advantage and reap the rewards of success in their personal and professional lives. Join Expert Facilitator and renowned Organisational Psychologist, Karen Whittingham, as you rewrite and redefine the relationship you have with time and your leadership, while leveraging proven practices, strategies and tools to cultivate high-performance and boost productivity.
Assess your current approach to time management and productivity
- Understand the difference between efficiency and effectiveness
- Identify productivity bottlenecks and causes of time management issues
- Develop strategies to optimise your peak and most productive times
- Practice proven goal setting techniques that target the short, medium and long term
Manage priorities to maximise your return on investment of time
- Discover how to use Urgency Vs Importance matrix to focus on high value tasks
- Identify and map out systems and processes that will leverage your time in your current work environment
- Explore the power of delegation and learn best practices for organising work
- Develop strategies to overcome procrastination and perfectionism
Examine work-life balance for peak performance
- Reflect and assess your current work-life integration
- Develop strategies for eliminating competition between work and home
- Focus on self-care vs self-repair when combating burn-out and stress
- Move through personal guilt around your time and set strong boundaries
Develop a personal time management system and action plan
- Take greater ownership of your time and priorities through aligned strategic planning
- Build a full repertoire of leadership techniques to be fully prepared for complex emerging situations
- Maintain transparency and be the author of your own identity
- Develop an action plan to implement on your return to work
Join Liquid Learning and your chair, Ale Wiecek, for this opening kick-off session as we prepare for two days of incredible speakers, senior leaders, expert deep-dives and unmissable panel discussions!
After opening remarks the whole room breaks up into INTERACTIVE GROUPS for you to meet one another, network, and outline your desired learning outcomes as we start unpacking the key themes of the conference!
Ale Wiecek Founder & Chief Empathy Officer Sqr One
Authenticity has become a gold standard for leadership. But what does it really mean to be authentic? None of us has one "true" self - we grow and change with new experiences, challenges, failures, and successes, and there are multiple aspects to ourselves at any given moment.
Krissy’s career in the AFP has seen her transition from an intern to a Commander in one of the AFP's busiest regional commands. Along her journey, Commander Barrett has challenged perceptions, led by example and paved the way for other young female officers. Join her as she shares insight for her own career, explores finding your authentic self whilst combating stereotypes and how to use your purpose and values to drive resilience in life and work.
- Embrace your authentic self and combat the stereotypes of ‘women in leadership’
- Use your principles to drive resilience and determination
- Set goals for learning and experiment with your identity
CMDR Krissy Barrett Commander Operations Australian Federal Police
Sacrifice, hard work - 'the never-ending grind' - is the modus operandi of a true, dedicated hustler. You must be able to think quickly, seize opportunities and take on any challenge that comes your way. General Manager, Olivia Dickinson, lives by the principles 'Be afraid and do it anyway' and 'Good things come to those who hustle'. Olivia knows that continual learning and investment in her self-development are the points of difference in achieving progression both at home and in the office. Join Olivia as she shares insight from her own career and provides you with practical tips and tools for leveraging initiative to create opportunity.
- Position yourself for career advancement
- Discover the importance of self-development
- Leverage initiative to create opportunity
There is a deep connection between one’s ability to successfully communicate and one’s ability to successfully lead. It’s not surprising then, that Emotional Intelligence is a hot topic these days. EQ impacts an executive’s ability to present key corporate issues with integrity and authenticity. Whether you are a new manager or a senior executive, developing your communication skills is essential, and one effective way to do that is to strengthen your emotional intelligence. Join Communication Coach, Arabella Macpherson, as she provides you with the practical tips, tools and strategies for leveraging EQ in your communication.
- Understand how emotional intelligence impacts leadership and communication
- Increase self-awareness to identify your trigger points to reduce stress and respond rather than react
- Recognise the emotional states of others to influence thinking and behaviour
Arabella Macpherson Founder & Communications Coach Resonate Communications
Women who aspire to leadership roles continue to face unique challenges. They are often passed over for key opportunities, paid less than their male colleagues, and left out of critical networks. Achieving your career goals requires strategy. Even with the most developed leadership skill set, you must have the capacity to identify and leverage career opportunities, position yourself for promotion and overcome barriers to progression. Join our panel of senior female executives, as they share insight from their own careers and provide tips, tools and practical advice for positioning yourself for success and navigating your pathway to progression.
- Explore and reflect on barriers to progression for women in the workplace
- Develop strategies for increasing your executive presence and having your voice heard
- Leverage the renewed urgency for future and people-focused skill sets
Archana Subramanian Chief Operating Officer, ANZ & ASEAN Salesforce
Jacqui Visch Consulting Partner & Chief Digital Information Officer PwC Australia
Karen Wheelahan Associate Director, Supermarkets Mondelēz International
Pina Sciarrone General Manager Banca, Partnerships & Advice, AIAA & CEO and Managing Director, AIAFS AIA Australia
We know the benefits of the physical workplace on employee engagement; increased retention, employee satisfaction, customer service, productivity, loyalty and trust. Many employees and businesses alike are reaping the rewards of a more flexible work-life brought about by COVID-19 - but as we continue to navigate uncharted waters, we must ask ourselves - what has this shift in working situation meant for employee engagement and experience, and how do we continue to engage a hybrid/remote workforce? Join General Manager, People & Culture, Lucy Lithgow, as she explores corporate culture in our new and evolving normal, and provides you with strategies for employee engagement and prioritising employee wellbeing in a virtual/hybrid working environment.
- Explore employee engagement and corporate culture in the virtual/hybrid work environment
- Develop strategies for improving employee experiences and creating a strong sense of connection
- Prioritise employee well-being and provide support frameworks to combat remote/virtual fatigue
Lucy Lithgow General Manager Human Resources BPAY
Self promotion can often be a daunting prospect, but learning how to effectively frame and communicate your professional brand can be a critical tool for progressing your career. In this interactive session, Jo will give you the essential tools to shape your authentic brand and grow your leadership career.
- Construct and communicate your authentic leadership brand
- Lead with courage and confidence
- Lessons learned and practical insights for success
Jo Wise Leadership Performance Coach Jo Wise Leadership
Welcome back for Day Two - there's a lot to digest from our amazing speakers and action modules so far!
Our expert facilitator Ale Wiecek, will recap the key learnings and takeaways from Day One, and help you prep an action plan to maximise your event experience over our jam-packed second day!
Ale Wiecek Founder & Chief Empathy Officer Sqr One
Empathetic and compassionate leadership is a crucial skill for any existing or emerging leader - it’s the ability to lead while understanding the context, experience and needs of others. This has never been more important and as we continue to navigate COVID-19 and what can be seen as a second pandemic of stress as a result, we must ask ourselves, is enough being done to bake empathy into the DNA of our companies and leadership? Join Samantha Abeydeera as she reflects on her leadership career and the importance of building an emotionally intelligent and supportive workforce.
- Identify the key differences between management and leadership
- Embrace an open, authentic and supportive leadership style
- Leverage emotional intelligence and build self-awareness in yourself and your team
Samantha Abeydeera Executive Director, Strategic Operations Transport for NSW
With looming personal and professional responsibilities, different life roles, and only twenty-four hours in a day, it can feel like you're always on the back foot running on empty. Recognizing how we feel is the first step in addressing extreme fatigue or burnout. As humans, we’re programmed to just keep going, and that habit holds strong when working at home, without usual routines to break up the day. Mindfulness allows us to connect with ourselves, so we can recognize our thoughts and feelings head-on in order to address them. Join expert facilitator and resilience coach, Josie Thomson as she provides you with practical tips, tools and strategies for managing stress and burnout with mindfulness practices.
- Discover mindfulness strategies and develop a self-care plan
- Maintain a perfect 'imbalance'
- Honour all parts of yourself and show up authentically
Josie Thomson Chief Executive Officer Josie Thomson Enterprises
For many of us, life after COVID-19 still feels a long way off. Some of us have adapted to a new normality, while others are waiting to get back to pre-pandemic life as we knew it. Whichever camp you belong to – or even if you’re somewhere in between – it’s fair to say there’s one question we’re all asking: what does work-life balance look like in the next normal? This interactive panel discussion will explore the concept of work-life integration, discuss tools for managing competing priorities and expectations, and address the 24/7 hr work-cycle and how to set healthy boundaries at home and at work.
- Define problem areas and set healthy boundaries inside and outside work
- Build strategies for increasing personal agility in work and in life
- Develop tips, tools and strategies for avoiding the 24/7 work-cycle
Kelly Wood Executive General Manager, Network Delivery Services Ausgrid
Emma Pilbeam Director, Defence Capability Downer Defence
Claire Barber Chief Executive Officer Mary's House Services
Leeanne Chau Assistant Commissioner, Visual Analytics & Transformation Australian Taxation Office
Leadership demands the expression of an authentic self. Try to lead like someone else, and you will fail. But while the expression of an authentic self is necessary for great leadership, the concept of authenticity is often misunderstood! No leader can look into a mirror and say, “I am authentic.” A person cannot be authentic on his or her own. Authenticity is largely defined by what other people see in you and, as such, can be shaped, leveraged and controlled by you! Join Chief Information Officer, Miranda Ratajski, as she reflects on her own career and provides you with insight into managing your own authenticity, and in turn, how this benefits both you and the people you lead.
- Invest time in knowing yourself and others
- Increase self-awareness, embrace your mistakes and learn from them
- Live your values not just your habits
Miranda Ratajski Chief Information Officer, Group Business Units Westpac
Who doesn’t want to be at the top? There are certainly perks associated with reaching the C-Suite, but with lots of people striving for executive leadership and only a few positions available, it’s important to understand and develop the key skills needed to make the leap. Join us for this interactive fire-side chat as our panel of executive leaders candidly reflect on their own career, how their values have shaped their journey and the choices that have led them there.
- Discover key takeaways, reflections and leadership insights
- Explore the impact of mentors and sponsors in career and leadership success
- Leverage your values and purpose to drive resilience and determination
Jessica Dwyer Managing Director, Chief Operating Officer Commonwealth Bank Australia
Simone Richter Group Executive, Nuclear Science & Technology and Landmark Infrastructure Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
Millennial or not, it’s important to know how you operate as a leader - before you land that big promotion! The question is no longer “where do you see yourself in five years?”, but “where can I be in five years?”. It’s not that you don’t have an idea of where you would like to go, but instead need to see how an organisation can help you get there. Great organisations prepare every person on the team - from interns to executives - to be effective and engaging leaders! BuzzFeed Head of Region, Nicki Williams, has seen huge success and career advancement in the last decade, working her way through the ranks and establishing herself as a leader in the space. Join Nicki as she reflects on her own career, shares key leadership lessons and how she developed the fundamentals of leadership.
- Identify your purpose and connect it to everything you do
- Adopt a mindset of continuous learning and put yourself forward for opportunities
- Combat generational stereotypes and put yourself forward as a leader in your organisation
Nicki Williams Head of Region, APAC BuzzFeed
In this closing interactive roundtable session, join your chair, Ale Wiecek, as you connect with others in the room, reflect on your journey so far and create an action plan to carry you forward.
- Reflect on your key takeaways from the Summit
- Identify opportunities for career progression and growth
- Create an action plan for your leadership journey
Ale Wiecek Founder & Chief Empathy Officer Sqr One
Current discount ending in
Virtual / Streaming