Unlock your innate strengths and pursue your own vision of success
- Unlock self-awareness and lead with purpose
- Power success through mentorship and empowerment
- Build mental mechanisms for career success
- Expand your personal and professional network of like-minded women
Vice President, Innovation, APACSalesforce
Vice President, Brand, Charge Cards & ExperiencesAmerican Express Australia
Chief Operations OfficerDepartment of Transport & Main Roads QLD
Executive Managing DirectorCBRE
NSW Surveyor General & Director, Survey OperationsNSW Department of Customer Service
Executive General Manager, PlatformsIAG
CMDR Phillipa Hay, CSC RAN
Commander, Australian Maritime Task Force, RIMPACRoyal Australian Navy
Chief Risk Officericare NSW
Executive General Manager, Digital DistributionSuncorp Australia
Associate Professor Linda Brown
Chief Executive Officer & PresidentStrategic Education Australia & New Zealand and Torrens University Australia
Chief People OfficerOz Minerals
General Manager, Customer Banking OperationsME Bank
General Manager, Energy Markets RegulationAGL Energy
Country Manager, AU & NZAirbnb
Director, Community & Group SustainabilityOptus
Director of Operations, ANZL'Oréal
Leadership Performance CoachJo Wise Leadership
Leadership Coach, Facilitator & SpeakerSally Dooley Leadership
Chief Executive OfficerSpirit Dreaming Australia
Chief Executive OfficerChanging Change International (CCI)
Dr Karen Whittingham
DirectorImpact Psychology Pty Ltd
Join world-class executive coach, Dr. Karen Whittingham, for this high-impact, interactive workshop, as you develop the fundamentals of people leadership, and build strategies for creating a leading high-performing teams.
Master successful change and strategic management
- Lead in a world of constant change and uncertainty
- Understand problem identification processes and develop problem-solving strategies
- Develop strategies for driving effective transformation through people not process
- Engage, support and influence key stakeholders through times of change
Develop resilience to thrive in times of change
- Identify and monitor changes that impact your work environment
- Respond to constant uncertainty and ambiguity in the workplace
- Discover tools for managing stress and burn-out in high pressure situations
- Develop strategies for supporting your team, organisation and stakeholders.
Build effective stakeholder engagement and management tools
- Identify and meet stakeholder needs and expectations
- Discover tools for building effective and rewarding relationships with stakeholders
- Develop strategies for negotiating with integrity and confidence
- Manage stakeholder relationships to achieve key organisation goals
Lead and manage productive and engaged teams
- Capitalise on your technical skills to help develop your leadership competencies
- Leverage your leadership skill to better motivate and engage your team
- Maintain team cohesion, activate engagement and build productive relationships
- Build team capacity through coaching and performance feedback
Dr Karen Whittingham Director Impact Psychology Pty Ltd
Join Liquid Learning and your chair, Jo Wise, for this opening kick-off session as we prepare for two days of incredible speakers, senior leaders, expert deep-dives and unmissable panel discussions!
After opening remarks the whole room breaks up into INTERACTIVE GROUPS for you to meet one another, network, and outline your desired learning outcomes as we start unpacking the key themes of the conference!
Have you ever felt like you don’t belong? Like your friends or colleagues are going to discover you’re a fraud, and you don’t actually deserve your job and accomplishments? If so, you’re in good company. 70% of women, and over 50% of men, have experienced imposter syndrome at some point - that persistent nagging sense of self-doubt and insecurity. Join Isobel as she candidly reflects on her career and how the power of positive self-talk can help in overcoming professional self-doubt.
- Acknowledge your feelings and understand your self-sabotaging behaviours
- Discover the power positive self-talk in building confidence
- Leverage fear as a motivator and develop strategies to defeat self-doubt
Isobel Santos General Manager, Customer Banking Operations ME Bank
There is no doubt that CMDR. Phillipa Hay is a trailblazer in her own right - making history as the first Australian woman to lead a RIMPAC taskforce. But success isn't achieved overnight and successful leaders understand that the journey is more significant and informs our character far more than the destination. You work hard to succeed, and then you work twice as hard to maintain it. Phillipa will discuss the value of defining your vision, inspire you to put yourself forward for career opportunities, and help you cultivate a winning mindset.
- Identify your vision and focus on your goals
- Develop the confidence to take risks and put yourself forward
- Understand the importance of reflecting on your success and failures
CMDR Phillipa Hay, CSC RAN Commander, Australian Maritime Task Force, RIMPAC Royal Australian Navy
Leading a team or an organisation in today's new world of work is difficult. We're in uncharted waters and our destination is far from certain, but authentic leaders know that you don’t need to have all the answers - in fact, you never will. What you must have is self-awareness, the ability to reflect and a commitment to continuous learning. Join Naysla as she candidly reflects on her career, explores the good, the bad and the ugly of leadership, and how to look towards the future and navigate the unknown.
- Gain personal insight into the journey to the top
- Understand the importance of reflection in leadership
- Develop strategies to lean in and navigate the unknown
Naysla Edwards Vice President, Brand, Charge Cards & Experiences American Express Australia
Who doesn’t want to make it to the top? There are certainly perks for being in the C-Suite, but do you have what it takes to make the leap? At the end of the day, there's a lot of people eyeing the top table, and only a few seats available. In this interactive discussion, our exclusive panel of C-Suite leaders will share experience from their own careers, discuss what it truly took to break through to executive leadership, and provide you with practical tips and tools for successful career progression.
- C-Suite reflections - The journey to the top and what it took to get there
- Discover the importance of self-development & personal growth
- Develop strategies for navigating your path to progression
Amanda Steele Executive Managing Director CBRE
Katherine Carmody Executive General Manager, Digital Distribution Suncorp Australia
Associate Professor Linda Brown Chief Executive Officer & President Strategic Education Australia & New Zealand and Torrens University Australia
Fiona Blakely Chief People Officer Oz Minerals
Susan Wheeldon Country Manager, AU & NZ Airbnb
With looming personal and professional responsibilities, different life roles, and only twenty-four hours in a day, it can feel like you're always on the back foot running on empty. Mel will support you to unlearn traditional self-care techniques, bring the strength of your leadership to your wellbeing planning, and embrace your own 'imbalance' in a way that honours your authenticity, and supercharges the depth of your leadership of others.
- Develop your self-care plan
- Maintain a perfect 'imbalance'
- Honour all parts of yourself and show up authentically
Mel Brown Chief Executive Officer Spirit Dreaming Australia
Leaders understand that leadership is not about them, but those they serve. When we work together and support each other, strengthen one another, break through taboos, and speak up - everyone wins. As a champion for women in leadership and STEM-based careers, Narelle has managed to smash stereotypes and support others to achieve their goals. Join her as she reflects on her career journey and explores how you can leverage the potential of your own workforce, and lift as you lead.
- Understand the importance of empowering women at every level
- Develop strategies for identifying potential and nurturing talent
- Encourage mentorship, sponsorship and collaboration in your organisation
Narelle Underwood NSW Surveyor General & Director, Survey Operations NSW Department of Customer Service
Productivity is like a funnel – what goes into the top can make a big impact on what emerges at the end, which means there is no single hack that will magically transform you into a productive person. And with many of us continuing to face changes to our daily routine as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, staying productive can feel like more of a challenge. Pets, children, video calls and moving between home and office as part of a phased return to workplaces, all seem intent on interrupting our flow of work. In this skills-based session, you'll learn how to apply practical strategies to boost productivity and deliver increased value.
- Explore the neuroscience of attention
- Manage your phone, inbox and social media use
- Strategies to master prioritisation
Dr Karen Whittingham Director Impact Psychology Pty Ltd
Holding your own in any leadership position demands a confident approach, especially when dealing with sensitive situations. Whether you’re negotiating a pay rise, going for a promotion, or giving a presentation, the ability to communicate confidently and authentically when managing people and dealing with key stakeholders is essential for success. In this intensive skills lab session, expert facilitator, Jo Wise, will coach you on the art of constructive conversations and how to leverage the power of your voice at work.
Then, the room will be split up into a series of INTERACTIVE, HANDS-ON BREAKOUT SESSIONS where you can apply what you have learned, and practice what you preach.
- Master the art of constructive conversations
- Know your objective and remain solution-focused
- Preserve your professional relationships
Jo Wise Leadership Performance Coach Jo Wise Leadership
How much uncertainty can you handle? How much would you stake on a decision you’ve made? Successful leaders know that failure often provides some of life’s biggest learning opportunities. You have to be willing to make mistakes, but there’s a fine line between being a gambler and a calculated risk-taker. Hear from Jane as she reflects on her career and provides you with best practice tips and tools for taking smart-risks in your personal and professional life.
- Learn to trust yourself and your decisions
- Practice taking risks and prepare yourself for failure
- Be aware of your own abilities and learn from your mistakes
Jane McGovern Chief Risk Officer icare NSW
Authenticity has become a gold standard for leadership. But what does it really mean to be authentic?If you have to work to be authentic, is it still authentic? And how do change and grow, and still remain authentic? In this interactive discussion, our panelists will share insight and experience from their own careers and touch on the importance of continuous growth in both your personal and professional life.
- Adopt a continuous growth mindset in work and life
- Set goals for learning and experiment with your identity
- Live your values not just your habits
Rowena Westphalen Vice President, Innovation, APAC Salesforce
Anne Moffat Chief Operations Officer Department of Transport & Main Roads QLD
Carol-Ann Gough Executive General Manager, Platforms IAG
Elizabeth Molyneux General Manager, Energy Markets Regulation AGL Energy
Helen Maisano Director, Community & Group Sustainability Optus
Effie Gorringe Director of Operations, ANZ L'Oréal
Are you where you want to be professionally? Whether you want to advance faster at your present company, change jobs, or make the jump to a new field entirely, most people seem to agree on the ultimate goal - to build a career around your own unique talents and passions. But to actually achieve this and sell yourself effectively, especially in today’s competitive job market, you first of all need to know who you actually are. Which is harder than it sounds. Join expert facilitator, Sally Dooley, as you assess your unique strengths, develop a compelling personal brand, and ensure that others recognise the powerful contribution you can make.
- Define your destination and imagine your future
- Leverage your points of difference
- Prove your worth
Sally Dooley Leadership Coach, Facilitator & Speaker Sally Dooley Leadership
In this closing, interactive roundtable session you will connect with others in the room, reflect on your journey so far and create an action plan to carry you forward.
- Reflect on your key takeaways from the Summit
- Identify opportunities for career progression and growth
- Create an action plan for your leadership journey
Jo Wise Leadership Performance Coach Jo Wise Leadership
Join expert facilitator, Julie Alexander, for an action-packed day of intensive leadership training, as she works on your mindset and helps you develop the necessary skills to unleash your potential, and thrive in the new world of work.
Maximise your leadership potential
- Explore the key capabilities, attributes and skills of an effective leader
- Identify your passion, purpose and core values as a leader
- Understand neuroplasticity and its effect on inner performance
- Develop strategies to advocate your value as a leader
Build the fundamentals of Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Gain a deeper understanding of your EQ and identify opportunities for growth
- Explore the impact of your EQ on people and organisational climate
- Embrace the qualities of empathy and EQ to progress yourself as a leader
- Leverage your EQ as a personal strength in the workplace
Master effective and practical decision making
- Understand the neuroscience of intuition and learn to trust your instincts
- Draw on your experience, knowledge and judgement with confidence
- Develop strategies for dealing with complex issues - Making the ‘right’ decisions
- Manage emotions and thoughts that weaken the decision-making process
Create an action plan to excel your career and develop as a leader
- Build your professional brand and leadership identity
- Align your leadership strength with the expectations of your organisation
- Establish a leadership mindset that will accelerate your career development
- Develop a personal action plan to unlock your pathway to progression
Julie Alexander Chief Executive Officer Changing Change International (CCI)
Event Starting In!
Virtual / Streaming