Transform your career and fortify your leadership acumen
Chief Information Officer & Director Corporate OperationsDepartment of Premier and Cabinet VIC
Chief Transformation OfficerAlinta Energy
Chief Information OfficerMonash University
Chief Information OfficerQBE Insurance
Chief Information OfficerSussan Group
Chief Information Security OfficerRMIT
Chief Information OfficerCity West Water
Chief Information OfficerCommonwealth Ombudsman
Chief Information OfficerBpay
Executive General Manager, TechnologyTelstra Super
Head of Customer Experience & Digital, Product & Pricing - InsuranceLatitude Financial Services
Program ManagerTelstra Corporation
Head of Change DeliverySpecsavers
Chief Digital & Information OfficerDefence Bank
Chief Executive OfficerLibrary for All
Chief Information OfficerCatholic Church Insurance
Executive Leadership CoachChange Window
Executive Leadership Coachheatandheart
Founder & DirectorTop Five Movement
Consultant, Facilitator & Digital TransformerKate Fuelling Consulting
Chief Executive OfficerThe Room Xchange
- Hone your communication skills to engage business stakeholders
- Break down barriers to your career progression
- Lead transformation programs using tested methodologies
- Inspire high-performing teams with authentic leadership approaches
Leadership isn’t a job title. Leadership is a skill, an attitude, and a way of being - it is the X factor that propels a career. To get that exciting project, that promotion, or that next exciting role, you need to be it, so they can see it.
This workshop will work through the quintessential qualities of great leadership, giving you the confidence and skills to put your best foot forward and seize the opportunities you deserve.
Module 1. Personal Brand
- Understand leadership styles and personal branding
- Analyse your current personal brand
- Plan the evolution of your brand
Module 2. Confidence
- Understand and lead with your strengths
- Build rapport with stakeholders at all levels of business
- Gain buy-in for your leadership vision
Module 3. Communication
- Understand the communication styles of your key stakeholders
- Adapt your style to suit your needs (code-switching)
- Communicate with clarity and conviction
Module 4. Action plan
- Master the art of goal-setting
- Define your aspirations and motivations
- Make a plan with immediately implementable actions
Vineti Anand Executive Leadership Coach Change Window
You didn't go into a career in ICT and digital thinking it would be easy. You're too driven to be satisfied by the easy road, but being a woman in such a heavily male-dominated space has its unique challenges. If you want to keep your career progressing, you're going to need some strategies to get back on the horse and keep it galloping.
Samantha is a CIO, an entrepreneur, a mother, and an avid horse-rider. She shares insights from her varied career to help you keep on track.
- Understand where you fit
- Make strategic career moves
- Lead with authenticity
Samantha McIntyre Chief Information Officer Sussan Group
Change is afoot, and as a leader in your organisation, you will play a critical role in delivery. The Harvard Business Review reports that 70% of change initiatives fail. How will you buck the trend and ensure your team continues to thrive and deliver quality outcomes?
Drawing on her seventeen years in IT and change management, Mary-Beth will offer expert insight into the characteristics of a successful change management program.
- Control the change narrative from announcement to completion
- Collaborate and coordinate with change champions
- Reduce change-stress through positive re-framing
Mary-Beth Hosking Head of Change Delivery Specsavers
As leaders, you are the face of your company. When your team reflect on their day at work, and their overall satisfaction, they are in no small part reflecting on their relationship with you. As in your personal life, authenticity predicates healthy workplace relationships. To get the best out of your team, and set yourself up for a stellar leadership career, you need to be courageously authentic in your leadership.
- Understand the relationship between authenticity and personal brand
- Build strong and positive relationships with your team
- Consciously cultivate a personal brand based on your strengths, and leverage these for career success
Grace Thomas Executive Leadership Coach heatandheart
In an industry characterised by lightning-speed development, where you must have your finger on the pulse of innovation, standing out as a leader in your organisation means having a sixth sense for the next big opportunity in tech and digital. But you don’t need to be a psychic to impress and progress - you just need to be able to read the signs in the market. Professional entrepreneur Ludwina has a knack for just that. She has spent the bulk of her professional life at the very precipice of innovation, from producing TV back in the analogue days to now shaking up the short term accommodation market with The Room Xchange; Ludwina knows how to pick the perfect moment to innovate. Apply her entrepreneurial insights to your work and you’re sure to make your leadership mark in your organisation.
- Understand the principles of ‘market readiness’
- Be bold with an innovation mindset
- Make a pitch-perfect pitch for your project
Ludwina Dautovic Chief Executive Officer The Room Xchange
We know that women enter ICT and digital at lower rates compared to men, and exit the space far earlier and at higher rates than men. In both instances, studies suggest the issue is cultural. Women lose interest in STEM at fifteen, ostensibly due to a lack of female role models, and women leave the profession in pursuit of work environments with more women and flexible work arrangements. How can we attract and retain women in ICT and digital with the odds stacked so heavily against us?
- Learn new ways to talk tech and appeal to the best and brightest
- Overturn toxic cultures to retain your star women performers
- Support and develop emerging leaders
Mark Gay Chief Information Officer QBE Insurance
Tony Aramze Chief Information Security Officer RMIT
Jade Carson Chief Information Officer Commonwealth Ombudsman
Angela Donohoe Chief Information Officer Bpay
Kath Young Chief Information Officer Catholic Church Insurance
You know that implementing Agile and complementary methodologies in Lean and innovation will empower your team to experiment, learn, and grow. You will foster a productive and collaborative relationship with your team and customers. But the journey to the Agile utopia can be fraught. You’re asking stakeholders to shift their fundamental understanding of leadership and production. Karen has transformed many organisations, leading an ‘Agile revolution’. She shares her insights to help you and your organisation transition smoothly.
- Harness the interconnected power of Agile, Lean and innovation
- Lead leaders to the Agile renaissance
- Innovate in heavily regulated environments
Karen Symes Executive General Manager, Technology Telstra Super
In 2011, Rebecca and her husband packed up their lives and moved to Haiti to help rebuild the country after the devastating earthquake. There, her life changed forever. Inspired by her love of reading, and the desperate need for resources she saw in the local schools, she founded A Library for All - the cloud-based digital library bringing literacy to the world’s most disadvantaged children.
Rebecca shares how A Library for All lives and breathes the principles of human-centred design, harnessing the power of digital to effect meaningful change in the lives of their customers.
Rebecca McDonald Chief Executive Officer Library for All
It’s a truth universally acknowledged that successful digital transformations are not about technology, they’re all about people. Right. But in practice, that truism turns out to be messy, complex and challenging to realise. In this session, Lynn will explore the various dimensions of people-centred success in digital and IT initiatives. Reflecting on case studies and real-world examples from her extensive experience at the frontline of transformation, she will share learnings and insights to help avoid people problems and deliver great, tech-enabled business outcomes, powered by people.
- Build optimal teams across projects and operations
- Know when Human Centred Design will yield results, and when it will need the support of other approaches
- Explore the essential qualities of fully people-centred change programs
Lynn Warneke Chief Information Officer & Director Corporate Operations Department of Premier and Cabinet VIC
Optimism is a nice idea, but without the reinforcement of helpful, encouraging and productive thinking habits, an optimistic mindset is redundant. Your mind is an incredibly powerful tool, but harnessing that power is more complex than that.
Clare will help you get the best out of your brain for a brilliant career.
- Learn the science behind how your thinking affects your success
- Identify and analyse your thinking style
- Train your brain for more productive thinking
Clare Desira Founder & Director Top Five Movement
'Leader' isn't a job title. Leadership is a way of being, defined by the choices you make and the action you take. And it is a reward in itself. Vineti shares her 'Be, do, have' model, so you can embody leadership and reap the rewards of a fulfilling career.
- Identify your deep motivators and connect with your career passion
- Find your reservoir of confidence and harness it to seize golden opportunities
- Understand your unique strengths and showcase them for power-brokers
Vineti Anand Executive Leadership Coach Change Window
Choosing a delivery methodology for your organisation requires getting your hands dirty. The only way you'll know if your best fit is Scrum, Lean Method, Lean Six Sigma, Calm Balm, Dev-Ops, Agile, or a unique hybrid of multiple approaches, is by trying and failing. Probably several times. You need permission to fail fearlessly.
- Strategically engage stakeholders to overcome resistance to risk and change
- Create 'no-fault retrospective' processes to embolden your team
- Customise and synthesise methods to suit your needs
Ruth Matthews Program Manager Telstra Corporation
Careers can feel like a waltz - one step forward, two steps back, a turn here, a twirl there, then suddenly the music stops. For women facing the additional challenges of disproportionate care responsibilities, unconscious bias, and low self-confidence, the climb to the leadership roles we know we deserve can seem insurmountable. Sharing insights from women at varying stages of their careers, this panel will equip you with tools to keep your career on track.
- Network like a professional
- Know when and how to push for a promotion
- Maintain career momentum through life’s little disruptions
Tanya Graham Chief Transformation Officer Alinta Energy
Teresa Finlayson Chief Information Officer Monash University
Natalie Lewis Head of Customer Experience & Digital, Product & Pricing - Insurance Latitude Financial Services
Linda Craven Chief Digital & Information Officer Defence Bank
As the ICT and digital leader in a wider organisation, your work is essential to the growth and smooth running of the business. Your expertise is specialised, and your stakeholders are varied. How can you connect, create, and collaborate with them when your professional background, objectives, and language may be miles apart?
- Develop a common language
- Maintain clear communication through iterative project delivery
- Continually collaborate to get the best outcomes
Jennifer Rebeiro Chief Information Officer City West Water
After two intense days of learning, growing, and networking, now is the time to reflect and resolve to make powerful changes in your career. Your chair leads you in an interactive and collaborative closing round table discussion.
- Connect with your peers as you share your insights and hear from your peers
- Create a plan to implement the most powerful leadership ideas gleaned at the summit
- Collaborate with your fellow delegates to deepen your understanding of key concepts
Vineti Anand Executive Leadership Coach Change Window
The evolution of technology-driven data and IM systems is reinventing the role of RIM and ICT professionals. While traditionally seen as the custodian of company records, RIM, and ICT professionals need to go beyond ensuring IM compliance and security to lead transformation and provide strategic, analytical foresight for business growth. On top of having technical knowledge and competence, you must hone broad leadership skill-sets that include driving change management, stakeholder communication, enhancing team collaboration, as well as delivering innovation and IM project excellence.
This practical workshop is specifically designed to prepare you for future challenges and potential growth. You will explore modern concepts in leadership, digital transformation, information governance and user experience, to ride the tides of disruptive change and deliver expert solutions for robust business outcomes.
- Learn to adapt & thrive with the future way of work
- Step up from a technical IM specialist to become an analytical & strategic business enabler
- Support & lead the people in your organisation to adapt & thrive in the changing digital landscape
- Break down silos in an IM change management project
- Connect with your organisation through effective communication strategies
- Develop a ‘Design Thinking’ user experience approach to IM & ICT Change projects & continuous improvement
- Drive & lead digital transformation that aligns with business goals
Kate Fuelling Consultant, Facilitator & Digital Transformer Kate Fuelling Consulting
1 Convention Centre Place, Melbourne, VIC, 3006, Australia
(03) 9235 8000
Current discount ending in