Connecting, empowering and supporting female leaders to unleash their potential and achieve career success.
- Build mental mechanisms for personal and professional success
- Develop the fundamentals of sustainable leadership to drive meaningful change
- Increase your visibility and position yourself for progression
- Expand your network of like-minded professionals
Chief Executive OfficerNestlé Oceania
Managing Director, Lion Dairy & DrinksLion
Managing Director, ANZGeneral Mills
Former Chief Science & Innovation OfficerAsahi Beverages
Chief Financial Officer, Australia & New ZealandUnilever
Chief People OfficerFrucor Suntory
Head of Endeavour Drinks GroupDiageo
Chief Growth Officerv2food
Chief Executive Officer & Co-FounderShine+ Drink
FounderThe Edible Bug Shop
Founder & Chief Executive OfficerSyntegrate Consulting, Strategy & Coaching
DirectorThe Amplify Group
Founder & Communications CoachResonate Communications
Dr Karen Whittingham
DirectorImpact Psychology Pty Ltd
Reaching your career potential and achieving your leadership goals requires strategic consideration. To flourish, you must harness your strengths and establish an influential presence. This intensive workshop will provide you with the insight and tools to have a successful career and a rewarding personal life. You will gain a deeper self-understanding of your purpose and values, unearth your authentic leadership style and learn to embrace career choices that align with your goals.
Define and discover your core values and strengths
- Identify your core values, strengths and purpose to build your brand
- Develop strategies to build confidence in your life, leadership and career
- Use principles to drive resilience and determination
Discover the power of self-coaching - Unlock your best self
- Discover your patterns and personal triggers in your actions
- Understand what drives your ‘sparks and jolts’ in work and life
- Develop strategies for meaningful self-coaching
Develop your unique operating model and understand your sources of energy
- Identify your sources of energy - both positive and negative - from both situations and people
- Harness your values, strengths, energy sources and purpose to define your authentic leadership
- Discover your Unique Life Fingerprint™ and what this means for future life and career choices
Integrate your life and career into a personalised plan for accelerated career development
- Embrace career choices in tune with who you are and what you want to achieve
- Establish a leadership mindset to accelerate your career development
- Develop a personal action plan for strategic career progression
Gill McLaren Founder & Chief Executive Officer Syntegrate Consulting, Strategy & Coaching
In the hyper-connected, rapid-paced world we live in, leading people requires a personalised approach if you wish to succeed. People want everything customised to their unique needs and preferences, including their leaders. However, it is impossible to be all things to everyone, so what can you do? The answer begins with authenticity, cultivating your leadership style rooted in who you are and what you believe. Severine will share what it means to be an authentic leader, discuss what drives her, and examine the importance of passion and purpose in leadership.
- Identify and communicate your values and purpose
- Use your principles to drive resilience and determination
- Instil trust and cohesion throughout your organisation
Severine Yerriah Chief Financial Officer, Australia & New Zealand Unilever
This interactive mini-session meets you where you are, helps you identify areas for improvement, and provides you with tools for cultivating an adaptive leadership mindset.
Gone are the days when employees stay with a company or job for decades. Today’s careers include a rollercoaster of twists and turns that often include job-hopping, along with an occasional side hustle. With all the options available, figuring out the next steps in your career can be overwhelming.
Venessa will share insight from transitioning through several roles in different countries, provide tools for navigating your career, and the importance of remaining true to yourself as you walk your path.
- Understand the nonlinear nature of career progression
- Find your common thread and weave together your unique career story
- Identify and leverage opportunities in your professional and personal life
With lots of people striving for executive leadership and only a few positions available, it’s essential to understand and develop the skills needed to leap into leadership. Our panel of C-Suite leaders will share experiences from their careers, discuss what it takes to make the next step, and provide you with practical tips and tools for career progression.
- C-Suite reflections - The journey to the top and what it took to get there
- Discover the importance of self-development and personal growth
- Develop strategies for navigating your path to progression
Sandra Martinez Chief Executive Officer Nestlé Oceania
Kathy Karabatsas Managing Director, Lion Dairy & Drinks Lion
Peter Everett Managing Director, ANZ General Mills
Among the tests of leadership, few are more challenging - or painful - than recovering from a career catastrophe. Setbacks occur in many forms — you could be passed over for a promotion, a project implodes, or you face a critical situation in your personal life. It's not a matter of if, but when. Recovering from a severe setback requires insight, resolve, patience, tactical planning and even courage. Amy will reflect on her career, discuss the importance of taking calculated risks, and what to do when it all goes wrong.
- Develop the confidence to take smart risks and seize opportunities
- Take responsibility and create lessons learned for the future
- Maintain perspective, think constructively and try again
Amy Rixon Chief People Officer Frucor Suntory
Communication is the basis of your customers' relationship with your brand, as well as your relationship with your employees. Whether internal or external, poor communication can have a negative butterfly effect. In today’s competitive landscape, communication is essential for retaining trust with your consumers and your employees. Our Communications Coach, Arabella, will provide you with practical skills to influence primary stakeholders through structured conversations, make an impact and communicate confidently.
- Discover the psychology behind the decision-making process
- Identify effective channels for communication
- Formulate persuasive phrases, so others easily accept your ideas
Arabella Macpherson Founder & Communications Coach Resonate Communications
Industry 4.0 is a dominant emerging trend. Although we're no strangers to new technology, the introduction of the ‘internet of things’ is expected to elevate the industry to a new level. Throughout this era of ever-expanding opportunities and complex change, you must acquire the skills to implement change and guide your teams through it, reaping the rewards of this industrial shift.
- Understand upcoming trends and how this will affect your business
- Develop strategies respond to and lead your team through technological advances
- Embrace disruption and innovation in your organisation
Relationships are everything. To progress, you need a strong network of peers, champions, and allies. With these in place, the glass-ceiling begins to crack, and along those fault-lines, you can carve a leadership career. In this interactive expert commentary session, you will gain strategies to build confidence and connections, overcome your fears and strengthen your professional network.
- Understand the value of genuine connection in professional relationships
- Develop strategies to keep your network alive and leverage future opportunities
- Discover tips, tools and tricks for building solid networks
Sustainability will shape the future, and corporate leadership will mould sustainable practice. In this increasingly complex and hyper-consuming world, managers and leaders must learn to engage their teams in sustainability. Discuss the relationship between conscious leadership and sustainability in the evolving workforce, and how you can empower change in your organisation.
- Explore the relationship between conscious leadership and sustainability
- Develop strategies for influencing and leading long-lasting, meaningful change
- Discover the power of being curious and collaboration
Anna Barlow Former Chief Science & Innovation Officer Asahi Beverages
This interactive mini-session will build on the knowledge you’ve gained in day 1 of the summit. You will define career goals and establish your vision for the future.
Developing self-awareness and self-realisation will help you manifest your goals and ambitions. Then you can help others do the same. Lili believes in leading by example, acting with integrity and motivating others to be their best self. Lili will share experiences from her career, the lessons learned and discuss the power of bringing others on your journey.
- Understand that to learn is to teach
- Celebrate your successes and failures
- Leverage the power of bringing others on your journey
As automation, changing consumer preferences, and environmental impact continue to disrupt the industry, you must be ready to adapt and develop skills in the next generation. Future leaders need to think beyond the specialities and silos to the whole production system, understanding how decisions are made and connect. Our panel of industry leaders will discuss the trends and issues facing the industry and explore how leaders can look toward and lead for the future.
- Explore industry issues and identify potential champions of change
- Break down silo mentality and promote cross-functional systems thinking
- Foster collaboration and innovation in your organisation to turn vision into reality
Andrew May Chief Growth Officer v2food
Steve Chapman Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder Shine+ Drink
Skye Blackburn Founder The Edible Bug Shop
Thousands of leadership, self-help, management, and spiritual books remind us about the value of time management and prioritisation. So why do so few of us do it well? Managing your time means you focus on your priorities and avoid procrastinating on non-urgent, unimportant tasks. Clair will share tips and tricks for balancing your personal and professional responsibilities, strategies for time management and the power of putting yourself first.
- Identify your values, responsibility and goals for clear direction
- Understand that urgent issues, whether yours or someone else’s, are not necessarily a priority
- Develop strategies for balancing your personal and professional life
Clair Stevenson Head of Endeavour Drinks Group Diageo
Maintaining a level of high-performance, especially in times of uncertainty and change, is no easy feat in this fast-paced industry. As consumer trends and environmental volatility influence the industry, you need to unearth a suite of skills that will help you float through turbulence and flourish. Deb will explore the values and strengths required to thrive in this unpredictable environment.
- Develop strategies to overcome resistance to change
- Understand and explore the phases of personal transition
- Move beyond fear and reactivity to make mindful choices
Deb Assheton Director The Amplify Group
No industry pressure is more prolific than the labour shortage. Despite offering competitive career opportunities and advancement, attracting and retaining staff has been tricky. It’s suggested that a lack of unattractive salary packages and tightening foreign worker quotas may be to blame. Food and beverage companies need to invest in creative recruitment and retention strategies that will win over the hearts and minds of the next generation. Lisa will explore The a2 Milk Company’s existing strategies and share their approach for advancing diversity in the workplace to attract and retain top talent.
- Evolve your talent acquisition strategy to achieve increased diversity
- Create and environment of open communication to boost staff retention
- Broadcast your benefits, culture and policies for exposure
In this interactive closing roundtable, you will explore key takeaways from the summit, discuss factors influencing your success and create an action plan for your future.
- Reflect on key learnings from the past two days
- Discuss factors influencing your success
- Create an action plan for the future
In today’s “VUCA world” – Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous — it's challenging to predict disruptive forces. Even the most traditional industries have had to adjust to the new norm of disruptions changing the way we do business. Food and beverage is no exception.
Resilient leadership requires flexibility, adaptability, and a fearless mindset. You'll have to manage multiple priorities, drive efficiency and improve productivity while coping with setbacks and remaining motivated in the face of adversity.
This workshop will provide you with strategies to enhance your leadership skills to remain versatile in the face of challenges. Karen will provide techniques to inspire direction, to optimise performance and to become a reliable leader.
Develop resilience and emotional intelligence to thrive through change
- Strategies to proactively navigate the turbulence
- Consciously manage your mental, physical and emotional strength
- Develop social and self-awareness towards you and your team's wellbeing using the six principles of EI
Understand how to frame organisational problems in a VUCA environment
- Explore the four components of VUCA and their underlying drivers
- Develop strategies to approach complex challenges
- Recognise the difference between technical and adaptive challenges
Identify and manage present and future challenges in food and beverage
- Understand how VUCA applies to individuals and environments
- Build an essential leadership toolkit for succeeding in VUCA times
- Develop new habits to thrive in complexity and uncertainty
Build strategies for managing expectations and managing up
- Building an authentic and influential relationship with your manager
- Gaining full engagement from your executive during times of high pressure
- Explore communication strategies to address difficult conversations
Dr Karen Whittingham Director Impact Psychology Pty Ltd
Event Starting In!