- Seize opportunities for your personal and career growth
- Build resilience through times of change and fulfill your potential
- Lead and communicate with influence
- Gain inspirational insights from top industry leaders and leadership experts
Chief Executive OfficerTas Gas
Vice President ProjectsWoodside Energy
Kate du Preez
Commissioner for Resources Safety and HealthQLD Department of Resources
Chief People and Sustainability OfficerNewcrest Mining
Chief Information OfficerEnergyAustralia
General Manager, Mt Arthur CoalBHP
Executive General Manager, ServicesEnergy Queensland
Group Executive Corporate and Regulatory Affairs, Legal and ProcurementSnowy Hydro
Executive General Manager, CommercialHydro Tasmania
Joanne (Jo) Fox
Executive General Manager, People & CultureAGL Energy
Executive General Manager, Corporate ServicesShell Energy
Head of Electricity DivisionDepartment of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
Professor Stephen Wilson
Professor in Engineering at the Centre for Energy FuturesThe University of Queensland
General Manager, Information and TechnologyWater Corporation WA
Head of Priority ProjectsFortescue Future Industries
Director of People and SafetyPacific Hydro
System Completions EngineerChevron
Principal Consultant, CEO and Business AdvisorConsultMine
Principal Consultant and DirectorFour Smith Avenue
Leadership Performance CoachJo Wise Leadership
Founder and Principal ConsultantStoryroad
Understand your communication style
- Learn the types of communication styles
- Identify your communication strengths and weaknesses
- Explore the roadblocks to effective communication
Unlock your communication effectiveness
- Develop your self-awareness and mindset for positive communication
- Boost your active listening skills - how to recognise the meaning and motives behind others’ words and actions
- Discover how to communicate with different personalities
Skills to navigate conflict and build resilience
- How to build your resilience and confidence to communicate expectations clearly
- Assertive communication and setting boundaries
- Conflict resolution skills for yourself and others
Lead with influence and promote motivation
- Learn the key drivers of influence and motivation
- How to motivate others effectively and gain buy-in
- Implement an action plan to improve your communication effectiveness and lead your team with influence
Jo Wise Leadership Performance Coach Jo Wise Leadership
Join Liquid Learning for this kick-off session as we prepare for two days of incredible speakers, senior leaders, expert deep-dives and unmissable panel discussions!
After opening remarks the whole room breaks up into INTERACTIVE GROUPS for you to meet one another, network, and outline your desired learning outcomes as we start unpacking the key themes of the conference!
Navigating the pathways to (and throughout) leadership is challenging, especially for aspiring women leaders in the energy and resource sector. In this exclusive keynote address, Phaedra Deckart will delve into her global leadership adventure, from early life to becoming the first female CEO of Tas Gas, and will share her advice to her daughter, and all women about how to fulfill your real potential. Learn how you can navigate opportunities in life, push yourself forwards, and step outside your comfort zone to reach the top.
- How to accelerate positive change for future generations
- Navigating pathways and pushing boundaries to succeed
- A global perspective on leadership and becoming a CEO
Phaedra Deckart Chief Executive Officer Tas Gas
Having great values is the foundation to great success. In this session, Kara will reflect on personal insights from her leadership journey, how she embraces her values and big ambitions, and how you can utilise values to set yourself and your team up for success.
- Understand what values to adopt and how they can create success
- Discover the importance of culture and how to embed values in your culture
- Lead with big ambitions
Kara Vague Head of Priority Projects Fortescue Future Industries
Despite progress in recent years, the energy and resources sector remains one of the least gender diverse in Australia, and female representation drops even lower at senior leadership levels. But organisational initiatives are only part of the solution. As aspiring women leaders you need to back yourselves, stop undervaluing yourselves, go for what you want and realise your full potential. From miner to the Commissioner for Resources Safety and Health, Kate du Preez shares her own dynamic experiences as a leader in the resources sector, and provides you with tools to drill into your self-confidence, be more assertive, and speak up.
- Recognising your true potential and valuing your worth
- Tips to increase your self-confidence and assertiveness
- The importance of speaking up for what you want
Kate du Preez Commissioner for Resources Safety and Health QLD Department of Resources
Maintaining a healthy and sustainable work-life blend can be challenging, especially during these extraordinary times of change and uncertainty. With our “new normal” of remote and dispersed working and its impact on workplace flexibility, on top of existing industry challenges, it can be even more difficult to juggle competing priorities, let alone find time for ourselves. Join our panelists as they discuss their own tips and tricks to combat the 24/7 work cycle. Learn how to set boundaries for yourself and others, whilst maintaining a healthy and diverse work culture.
- Manage competing priorities and increased commitments (and maintain boundaries)
- Equip yourself with tools to build resilience and avoid burnout
- Cultivate a sustainable workplace culture in dispersed and remote teams
Lisa Ali Chief People and Sustainability Officer Newcrest Mining
Julie Bale Chief Information Officer EnergyAustralia
Adam Lancey General Manager, Mt Arthur Coal BHP
Joanne (Jo) Fox Executive General Manager, People & Culture AGL Energy
Polly Mahapatra System Completions Engineer Chevron
Life will throw its fair share of adversity your way, and you will face challenges in your careers, as well as your own personal lives. You may find yourself in a negative environment in or out of the workplace, and with the impacts of working from home, these lines are becoming increasingly blurred. What helps us survive and ultimately overcome these difficult times is not only our ability to build resilience, but also our capability to recognise when it’s time to reach out for help. Caroline will share her own personal journey and explore how to take action to get yourself out of a negative situation, and the value of speaking up to drive change.
- Build resilience and learn to recognise when you need help
- Take action to get out of negative environment
- Find the courage to speak up and fight for change
Caroline Wykamp Executive General Manager, Commercial Hydro Tasmania
Although it can be daunting to step into the unknown, it's important to lean into opportunities when they present themselves. When you don’t feel fully prepared, it’s easy to let those opportunities slip by and just go with the flow, so sometimes the most important thing to do is dive in whether you’re ready or not. But how do you know when they're the right opportunities for you? In this session, Elise will share her perspective on a leadership career in the energy and resources sector, and how she approached the steps along the way to achieve success.
- Diving into the unknown - how do you know when it’s the right time to step up?
- Evaluating (and re-evaluating) priorities throughout your career
- Finding success in stepping up, stepping sideways, or stepping back
Elise Vervetjes General Manager, Information and Technology Water Corporation WA
To be an influential leader, it's important to understand the fundamentals of EQ and how emotional intelligence starts with self-awareness. In this session leadership coach Maree Walk will explore how you can build your internal and external self-awareness. Learn the importance of how you present yourself, how others may perceive you, and how to garner feedback.
- Explore the foundations of emotional intelligence
- Get tips on how to develop your internal and external self-awareness
- Learn how to ask for feedback and what to do with it
Maree Walk Founder and Principal Consultant Storyroad
Welcome back for Day Two - there's a lot to digest from our amazing speakers and action modules so far!
Recap the key learnings and takeaways from Day One, and prep an action plan to maximise your event experience over our jam-packed second day!
Stepping up into leadership and being recognised as a leader is never easy, and for emerging women leaders in the energy and resources sector there are even more obstacles than most. In order to help drive change and transformation, you must learn to cultivate your own resilience and discover how to effectively influence the people around you. In this session, Belinda will reveal insights from her leadership journey and the importance of visible women’s leadership to inspire change.
- How to build your resilience
- The art of influential communication
- Lessons learned from an industry leader
Belinda Watton Executive General Manager, Services Energy Queensland
The road to leadership is not an easy one. It's fraught with obstacles and unexpected pressures that can leave you doubting or second-guessing your abilities and accomplishments. But as you navigate the opportunities and challenges on your journey, it's important to find the courage to stay real and true to yourself. Jodie Hill reflects on the peaks and valleys of her leadership career, and explores how you can face hardships and grasp opportunities as the real you, for both professional and personal success.
- Turning challenges into opportunities
- How being the real you can lead you to success
- Personal reflection on the ups and downs of a career in people leadership
Jodie Hill Director of People and Safety Pacific Hydro
Unconscious bias affects many leaders and can shape our behaviour without even knowing it. The way we listen to people, the language we use, and the actions we take are all impacted by biases. In this session Allison Golsby will share tips on how to tackle your own unconscious bias, change your mindset, and explore how you can help your organisation to improve their diversity and inclusivity.
- Discover how to combat your own biases
- Change your mindset
- Reflect on how your organisation can sustainably improve diversity
Allison Golsby Principal Consultant, CEO and Business Advisor ConsultMine
Increased competition, shifting market conditions and accelerating technological advances are reshaping the energy and resources sector, and the shift to a more sustainable future means having to adapt and embrace the opportunity for innovation. But this is easier said than done. Our panel of senior industry leaders will unpack emerging industry trends, including the transition to renewables, ESG, and our evolving digital workforce. Discover how they are driving positive change within their organisations, learn how you can keep pace with a rapidly changing industry, and join our panel as they imagine the future of energy and resources in Australia.
- Reflect on the future of the energy and resources sector
- Explore emerging trends, challenges and opportunities
- Discover how you can keep up with a changing industry and initiate positive change in your workplace
Cesilia Kim Group Executive Corporate and Regulatory Affairs, Legal and Procurement Snowy Hydro
Michelle Barry Executive General Manager, Corporate Services Shell Energy
Rachel Parry Head of Electricity Division Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
Professor Stephen Wilson Professor in Engineering at the Centre for Energy Futures The University of Queensland
Having an open and positive mindset is crucial to building your resilience, but when life hits you with curveballs, you may feel uncertain or lost. It’s important to know when you should take a step back, reflect on the situation, adapt and follow your passion. Join Trish as she reflects on overcoming adversity, with insights from a 25-year, project leadership career in the oil and energy industry. Learn how you can bounce back from difficult situations and develop resilience to face future challenges head-on.
- Learn how to bounce back from challenges
- Develop your mental strength for future obstacles
- Reflect on the positive aspects and what you have learnt
Trish Long Vice President Projects Woodside Energy
In the world of modern work, we are more reliant than ever on diverse teams being able to collaborate effectively to achieve success. Whether you are an experienced leader or an emerging leader, having insight into the neuroscience of how the brain drives behaviour helps you to manage yourself, lead and influence others, and build optimal environments for team success. This practical and interactive skills session is packed with insights and tips to help you manage self for success, collaborate effectively with others, and build the foundations of a high performance team environment.
- Understand the impact that leadership influence has on team performance
- Explore the importance of psychological safety in creating environments for optimal performance
- Increase awareness of how individual and team dynamics support high performance
Jane Smith Principal Consultant and Director Four Smith Avenue
We wrap up our two days of insight and inspiration with this interactive roundtable session. This is your chance to table any topic or trend for a final group discussion. Network with your peers, reflect on your journey so far and create an action plan to carry you forward!
- Reflect on your key takeaways from the Summit
- Identify opportunities for career progression and growth
- Create an action plan for your leadership journey
Emotional intelligence foundations
- What is emotional intelligence?
- What is your EQ?
- How does EQ influence others?
Evaluate your team structure, values and goals
- Identifying your team dynamics and peer leaders
- What are your core values and performance goals?
- How can shared values and goals drive your team?
Drive team engagement and diversity
- Applying EQ in a team environment
- How to leverage team dynamics for effective team engagement
- Creating psychological safety in your organisation to maximise potential
Create a strategic action plan for change
- Interactive think tank to reflect on key takeaways for your organisation
- Re-evaluate values and goals
- Create a practical plan to improve inclusivity, diversity, and performance in your workplace
Allison Golsby Principal Consultant, CEO and Business Advisor ConsultMine
Current discount ending in
Virtual / Streaming