- Transition from technical specialist to a leader
- Communicate confidently and gain recognition
- Maximise visibility and raise your profile
- Navigate male-dominated environments
Chief Data Analytics Officer
Chief Data & Insights Officer
University of New South Wales
Chief Data & Analytics Officer
Senior Director, Data Science
Australian Taxation Office
Chief Data Scientist & Chief Executive Officer, NSW Data Analytics Centre
Current discount ending!
Prices start at
More people? More savings!
3 - 4
5 - 9
10 - 14
Explore how you can establish your values, supercharge your leadership identity and overcome the challenges of leadership. Learn how to mould and adapt your skills to effectively manage stakeholders, enhance team performance and become a confident, authentic leader.
Leverage your leadership values
- Identify your core values
- Assess how your colleagues and staff perceive you
- Develop an authentic leadership brand
Explore strategies for success
- Contrast the different aspects of situational leadership
- Nurture the mindset of a confident leader
- Use your leadership brand to connect with your team
Earn trust and respect through credibility
- Develop an emotionally intelligent workplace culture
- Overcome imposter syndrome
- Develop your authentic identity
Overcome leadership challenges
- Maintain transparency and be the author of your identity
- Build a repertoire of leadership techniques to prepare for complex situations
- Master techniques to inspire, motivate and engage diverse contemporary teams
Understanding your organisation's needs, volunteering for new opportunities and sharing your achievements are the first steps in raising your internal profile and gaining recognition at work.
- Volunteer and advocate for yourself
- Align your objectives with the organisation
- Share your achievements
Kari Mastropasqua Chief Data & Analytics Officer Equifax
Success demands focus, and focus requires a clear goal. So what does success look like to you? Take time to reflect on this and set goals for your career.
Data is the currency of the technological era, though many companies are yet to embrace its potential. Explore emerging trends and discover strategies for creating collaborative data-driven values in your teams.
- Identify emerging industry trends
- Create data-driven values
- Boost collaboration
Ying Yang Senior Director, Data Science Australian Taxation Office
Anticipating trends gives you a competitive advantage. Discover how to embrace discomfort, proactively respond to change and invest in your personal development to stay ahead in your career.
- Embrace discomfort in a rapidly evolving space
- Be innovative and proactive to respond to change
- Invest in personal and professional development
Elizabeth Moore Data Reporting & Analytics Executive Telstra
To be an effective leader, you must be able to influence key stakeholders through structured conversations. Gain the skills to make an impact and communicate with confidence.
- Discover the psychology behind the decision-making process
- Identify channels for communication
- Formulate persuasive phrases to gain buy-in
Data careers are ripe with opportunity, yet women remain critically underrepresented in the profession. Explore the obstacles and opportunities for women in data and discuss the path for change.
- Identify the obstacles and opportunities for women in data
- Overcome industry stereotypes and biases
- A path for change
Elanor Huntington Dean of Engineering and Computer Science Australian National University
Katie Rushforth Senior Manager, Enterprise Data & Strategy Metlife Insurance
Kristina Sara Johnson HPC Data Visualisation Specialist Defence Science & Technology Group
Clare Leighton City Manager DishDash.Co
To attract and retain women in the workplace, you must understand how women look for new job opportunities, promote workplace culture and provide internal mentorship opportunities.
- Understand how female talent search for job opportunities
- Broadcast your benefits, culture and policies for exposure
- Encourage internal mentorship and sponsorship of women
Stephanie Norris Talent Acquisition Manager, ANZ Cisco Systems
To broaden your sphere of influence, you must build and leverage strategic networks. Explore practical strategies for overcoming the challenges of effective networking and gain tips on how to build rapport.
- Understand your desired outcomes
- Preparation and its part in networking
- Master the art of small talk
Big data is booming and becoming a primary player in the boardroom, so why do women remain underrepresented at senior leadership levels? To bridge the gap and empower women at the top, we must encourage those who have recently entered the field.
- Inspire, educate and support women in the data industry
- The importance of female role models in encouraging participation
- Be the movement
Kathryn Gulifa Chief Data Analytics Officer Worksafe Victoria
Self-doubt can motivate you to keep learning and growing. Assess your career goals and refresh how they align with your unique strengths.
Explore the benefits of networking, develop strategies to increase your visibility and unlock valuable opportunities for professional development.
- Take ownership of your personal growth and learning
- Increase your internal visibility and recognition
- Enhance your career direction and advancement
Kate Carruthers Chief Data & Insights Officer University of New South Wales
Discover how embracing your flaws - not just your strengths - will lead to greater authenticity and a powerful leadership brand.
- Construct your leadership brand
- Earn trust and respect through credibility
- Superpower your leadership mindset
Despite industry growth, organisations continue to struggle with the shortage of talent and technological advances in the space. Explore the data science boom, develop strategies to attract talent, and discover how to keep pace with this rapidly evolving space.
- Understand the data science boom
- Combat the increasing shortage of talent in the space
- Prepare for job disruption and identify re-skilling opportunities
Ian Oppermann Chief Data Scientist & Chief Executive Officer, NSW Data Analytics Centre NSW Treasury
Nathan Brewer Director Data Mining and Predictive Analytics Department of Human Services
Portia Cerny Head of Analytics, Central Rik, Customer Experience & Operations Macquarie Banking and Financial Services
Violetta Misiorek Senior Manager, Data Science Suncorp Group
Ilaria Tavecchia Data Scientist Airtasker
The art of stakeholder engagement is an essential skill for any technical leader. Learning to communicate complex information to stakeholders is crucial to your success.
- Understand the importance of language
- Establish rapport to build confidence
- Manage stakeholder expectations and assumptions
Claire Lawler Director, Commercial Data Strategy Nine Entertainment Co.
To foster positive work environments, you must master the art of navigating the social and political aspects of a male-dominated workplace.
- Understand and leverage your strengths
- Adapt without changing your core beliefs
- Strategies to overcome unconscious bias
Sandra Hogan Group Head, Customer Analytics Origin Energy
Rosanna will guide you through the takeaways from the summit. You will identify opportunities for progression and create an action plan for your future.
- Reflect on your career journey
- Skills and strategies to unleash your leadership potential
- Create an action plan for the future
Gain tools and strategies for leadership success by broadening your portfolio of skills. You’ll learn practical strategies to create a passion-driven career and create an action plan to accelerate your leadership transition.
Combine your skills for leadership excellence
- Identify the challenges for technical professionals moving into leadership
- Leverage your credibility and use your knowledge as power
- Create a passion-driven career
Strategic communication skills for technical specialists
- Understand and adapt to different communication styles
- Build rapport with a variety of individuals
- Strategies for explaining technical concepts to non-technical audiences
Master the growth mindset
- Understand the mindset/skillset distinction
- Reignite your passions and purpose
- Instil a growth mindset in you and your team
Propel your leadership career
- Identify and evaluate your strengths
- Gain buy-in and earn respect
- Design an action plan and take the next step
Novotel Sydney Darling Square
17 Little Pier Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia
02 8217 4000
* Terms and conditions apply