- Map & influence key stakeholders
- Expand your visibility in a large organisation
- Master change management strategies
- Foster accountability, adaptability and resilience
Debbie Connelly is a Managing Director and Head of Financial Markets distribution to the Business, BT Private Wealth and Consumer divisions at Westpac Group. Responsible for the operational management and strategic direction of the business, Debbie leads teams across Australia and New Zealand in distributing digital and traditional services in FX, Rates, Commodities, Investments and Deposits.
Debbie has over 25 years experience in Financial Markets, joining Westpac in 2009 after 15 years with Citigroup in Australia and New York in various sales, structuring and leadership roles.
Managing Director, Business, Wealth & Consumer
Global Head of FM Corporate Sales
Chief Customer Officer
Chief Information Officer
Australian Securities Exchange
Executive General Manager, Derivatives and OTC Market
Australian Securities Exchange
Event Starting In!
Prices start at
More people? More savings!
3 - 4
5 - 9
10 - 14
Executive leadership positions are incredibly competitive, so it’s important to position yourself for success and take advantage of any opportunity available to you. In this session, discover the importance of self-development and explore how to create opportunities for professional progression.
- Position yourself for career advancement
- Discover the importance of self-development
- Use initiative to create opportunity
Vanessa Hudson Chief Customer Officer Qantas
Embracing new challenges at work will improve your performance and enhance your skills. Use this session to identify any obstacles you face and set SMART goals to overcome them.
Assertive and decisive female leaders are often labelled 'bossy' or 'catty'. Women need to fight this perception, adopt leadership styles that work for them and operate with confidence authority.
- Overcome unconscious bias
- Challenge traditional gender roles and adopt a leadership style that works for you
- Operate with confidence and authority
Charmaine Gittleson Chief Medical Officer CSL Behring
A top-down business strategy requires vision and a company-wide commitment to embracing positive change. In this session, you'll discover how to gain organisation-wide support and understand the benefits of rewarding outstanding contributions.
- A look into Westpac's diversity and inclusion programs
- Achieve organisation-wide support
- Reward and recognise outstanding contributions
Debra Connelly Managing Director, Business, Wealth & Consumer Westpac
Caterina Spiteri Global Head of FM Corporate Sales Westpac
To be an effective leader, you must be able to influence key stakeholders through structured conversations. In this interactive session, Arabella will provide you with the skills to make an impact and communicate with confidence.
- Discover the psychology behind the decision-making process
- Identify effective channels for communication
- Explore influence through the power of voice
The stress of juggling heavy workloads and family responsibilities on top of maintaining a social life can leave us feeling worse for wear. Learning to recognise burn out, manage priorities and set realistic goals will help you reduce stress and master a work-life balance.
- Recognise personal and professional burn out
- Achieve a balance between competing pressures
- Set realistic expectations and goals
Steve Johnston Group Chief Financial Officer Suncorp
Jim Patrick Chief Scientist Emeritus Cochlear Limited
Jo Allan Chief People Officer Carsales.com.au
Sharyn Williams Chief Financial Officer G8 Education
When creating a corporate social responsibility culture, you must consider your company values and purpose. In this session, you explore how to create a vision and CSR identity for your organisation's future.
- Create a vision for the future
- Build a path for employees to move from compliance to commitment
- Create a new corporate social responsibility identity for your organisation
Merryl Dooley Chief People Officer Tabcorp
Identifying stakeholders and managing their expectations requires proficient leadership skills, excellent communication and an understanding of what drives individuals. In this session, you will learn how to identify and influence key stakeholder relationships for success.
- Identify and map key stakeholders
- Understand different levels of influence
- Monitor and manage stakeholder relationships
Gayle Philpotts General Manager, People & Performance Sydney Airport
To broaden your sphere of influence, you must build and leverage strategic networks. Fiona will explore practical strategies for overcoming the challenges of effective networking and share tips on how to build rapport.
- Understand your desired outcomes
- Preparation and its part in networking
- Master the art of small talk
Explore how to create a company culture that thrives by committing to your values with purpose, promoting inclusion and leveraging a flexible work environment.
- Commit to your values
- Unlock the benefits of an inclusive and diverse workforce
- Leverage the benefits of a flexible work environment
Focusing on your goals and future can help re-motivate and increase your confidence. Reignite your passions and focus on your dream career goals.
In this session, you'll gain insight into creating an inspiring vision to create change in your organisation. You'll learn how to gain buy-in, deliver your vision and maintain momentum through change.
- Create an inspiring vision for the future
- Motivate people to buy into and deliver the vision
- Maintain momentum through times of change
Nicole Noye Former Chief Executive and Experience Officer Ardent Leisure
The world needs leaders who are willing to stand up for their beliefs. In this session, our panellists will discuss authentic leadership styles, how to champion change and explore how peer-support can help you overcome barriers in your career.
- Develop your authentic leadership style
- Create change through bold ideas and actions
- Overcome career challenges through connection and peer-support
Marnie Baker Managing Director Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
Deborah Coakley Executive General Manager, Funds Management Dexus
Roslyn Toms Group Executive Legal and Chief Risk Officer nib Group
The ASX is one of the largest exchange groups in the world, acting as a market operator and promoting standards of corporate governance for some of Australia's largest companies. In this session you will take an inside look at the ASX and explore the unique environment it presents its leaders and organisations.
- Explore the unique environment of the ASX
- Build a reputation as a change leader
- Discover best practice tips and tools for success
Dan Chesterman Chief Information Officer Australian Securities Exchange
Helen Lofthouse Executive General Manager, Derivatives and OTC Market Australian Securities Exchange
Gaining recognition in a large company can be difficult, but visibility is essential to your success. In this session, you will explore the skills and strategies required to survive and thrive in a large organisation.
- Increase your visibility and gain recognition
- Align your objectives with the company
- Navigate large company cultures
Marnie Baker Managing Director Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
Stress and burnout are common side effects of a fast-paced professional lifestyle. Understanding your emotional triggers and identifying stress as it occurs is essential to your success.
- Identify your personal stressors and how to combat them
- Understand the circles of control, influence and concern
- Build resilience with mindfulness techniques
In this session, you will explore skills and strategies to promote female representation at all levels of your organisation. You will discover how to attract and retain talent through innovative HR techniques and empower your workforce to create positive change.
- Explore skills and strategies to promote female representation at all levels of your organisation
- Discover how to attract and retain talented women through innovative HR techniques
- Empower your workforce to campaign for positive change
Lindy Visagie Group Head of Organisational Development Dulux Group
In this interactive session, Rosanna will guide you through the key takeaways from the summit. You will identify opportunities for progression and create an action plan for your future.
- Reflect on key learning outcomes
- Identify opportunities for career success
- Create an action plan and set SMART career goals
The ASX top 200 encompasses countless industries, products and services, making it particularly susceptible to the challenges of today’s technology-driven, global business environment. Understanding this environment and the challenges it presents is the first step to achieving success and taking the next step in your career.
This interactive workshop will provide you with the skills and habitual behaviours to lead with personal and positional power. You'll develop the skills, strategies and processes needed to effectively manage stakeholder engagement, expand your sphere of influence, gain professional recognition in your organisation and position yourself for success.
Create shared value through stakeholder engagement
- Demonstrate your competence and establish trust
- Sell with the benefit, support with the feature
- Reaffirm goals and communicate progress throughout
Skills and strategies for effective influence and negotiation
- Identify existing styles of influence and negotiation
- Expand your sphere of influence
- Understand the ‘other side’ (perceptions and expectations)
Gain professional recognition
- Embrace the power of difference
- Offer recognition to increase recognition
- Celebrate your successes
Position yourself for success
- Invest in the benefits of lateral progression
- Leverage the benefit of sponsors, mentors and other advocates
- Create an action plan to move you to the c-suite
Intercontinental Hotel, Sydney
117 Macquarie Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia
02 9253 9000
* Terms and conditions apply