- Tracking metrics to achieve faster delivery cycles
- Strategies to incorporate an Agile approach
- Optimise resources for operational excellence
- Unlock strategic risk management
As Executive of Capital Management for Telstra, Rob is responsible for leading enterprise-wide prioritisation and planning, financial and execution governance and project management capability uplift of Telstra's multi-billion dollar annual investment programme. PMI Global recently awarded Telstra the global PMO of the Year award under Rob’s leadership. He is a Fellow of the Finance and Securities Institute and the Australian Institute of Project Management, a Certified Practicing Portfolio Executive (CPPE), Project Management Professional (PMP) and AIPM Victorian chapter Vice President.
Executive, Capital Management
Department of Finance, Services and Innovation
Associate Director Project Controls
Transport for NSW
Director General, Plan Centaur
Department of Defence
University of Sydney
Current discount ending!
Prices start at
More people? More savings!
3 - 4
5 - 9
10 - 14
Work through real-life examples to help you leverage Agile frameworks. You'll study specific examples of forecasting, reporting and prioritisation in the fundamental principles of Waterfall, Agile and DevOps, as suited to your current PMO structure.
Steps to develop a quality PMO business case
- Discover your purpose
- Align with your organisation's vision
- The top-down or bottom-up approach
Framework foundations to suit your projects
- Explore different functions and roles
- Move from push to pull reporting
- Create your new development map
Transition into an Agile mindset
- Scaling Agile reporting for portfolios, programs, projects, and enterprises
- Explore models of set-based design
- Forecast in a team environment
Manage the risks of project delivery
- Build a risk management protocol for your organisation
- Work through planned and unplanned work
- Track the progress of the initiative
An EPMO is brought in to oversee all programs and projects across an enterprise. Kathy will discuss the process of establishing a successful EPMO in an already well established enterprise.
- Lead an established team
- Align the company with your team's vision
- Identify and fill the gaps
Kathy Lombardo Associate Director Project Controls Transport for NSW
The PMO is an investment to a company. Michael will talk about how to make sure the PMO is part of the business fabric.
- Strategy creation to business performance reporting
- Unify the PMO and company vision
- Understand internal and external factors
Michael Alacqua Program Director Sydney Water
Louise Gardner Principal Consultant & Managing Director Pledge Consulting
Leading PMOs are using an agile approach to project management. Our panel will discuss how they have adapted and driven performance.
- Why the future is leaning towards Agile
- Assess the agile value for your organisation
- The amalgamation of Waterfall and Agile
Alicia Aitken Head of Investment Management & Delivery ANZ Bank - Australia
Ashish Suhag Director - Transition & Transformation Management Oracle
Renee Geary Transformation Program Director CCI Insurance
Jack Su Head of Strategy Execution & PMO AON
Telling a story can help an organisation understand change and help establish yourself as an influential communicator. Alan will discuss how he uses storytelling to his advantage.
- Story structure: The beginning, middle and end
- Storytelling as a communication tool
- Relate stories to personal experiences
Alan Harris Change Director University of Sydney
As program and project complexity is increasing, PMOs need leaders with different skills to achieve project success, but what does an effective complex project leader look like? Collin will present the findings of the ICCPM International Roundtable Series which explored this question. Benefit from the insights of international experts gathered over 12 months which have been distilled into the concise thought leadership report, Project Leadership: The Game Changer in Large Scale Complex Projects. Learn about:
- The changing project environment
- The leadership characteristics that are needed to deliver success in complex project environments
- Managing stakeholder expectations and negotiating success
Collin Smith Chief Executive Officer International Centre for Complex Project Management
Companies are trying to do more with less, so performance is paramount. Asheesh will discuss how he continues to deliver powerful results within his PMO.
- The value of change management
- Understand the pace and absorption rate
- Deliver faster value
Asheesh Shrivastav Program Director - Customer and Core Banking Systems Westpac
Waterfall is slowly being transitioned out of organisations and being replaced with agile methodology. Elaf will explain this transition and the need to embrace innovation and digital transformation for successful project delivery.
- The move from waterfall to agile project delivery
- Improve delivery, customer satisfaction, and team culture
- Digital transformation
Elaf Abdel-Razaq Innovation Manager SA Power Networks
A key element of future forecasting is risk identification. David will discuss how he improves business processes by distinguishing risks.
- Define a methodology for risk management
- Manage the impact on delivery
- Remain rigid and flexible
David McGahey Director General, Plan Centaur Department of Defence
Strengthening your PMO will help your organisation improve project delivery. Michael will explain how he sets a strategic direction for his team.
- The evolution of the PMO
- Access the maturity levels
- Adapt to new approaches
Michael Artiles PMO Director Department of Finance, Services and Innovation
The City of Sydney used Human Centered Design (HCD) to redesign the City’s governance framework that supports over 300 projects at a total value of $300 million per year, across the Corporate & Strategy and Capital Works program. Sarah will explore the methodology, challenges and benefits of initialising an HCD mindset.
- Synthesis and how to survive it
- Create unexpected solutions
- Unintended consequences
Sarah Foxe Manager, PMO City of Sydney
New PMO Generation is all about adding value and the key challenge for PMOs are how to define, measure and present the value they add. Amireh will discuss how PMOs should define, measure and present ROI to the business.
Amireh Amirmazaheri https://d2hhexjv4qcruz.cloudfront.net/images/PMO0819A/speaker/Amireh%20Amirmazaheri.jpg
PMOs operate in an ever-changing environment, which means your strategy must evolve in real-time. Join us for an open discussion on what you believe will be the future of PMO has in store.
- Measure the value of PMO
- The fall of traditional PMOs
- The importance of strategy execution
Nicci Higgs Manager Project Management Office First State Super
Rob will discuss the lessons he learned maintaining the relevance and value of the PMO with a clear purpose.
- What is the purpose of your PMO?
- How are emerging organisation structures and operating approaches affecting the future of PM and PMO?
- What does this mean for developing adaptive and agile PMO’s and project environments?
Rob Loader Executive, Capital Management Telstra
For PMO success, you must commit to ongoing value creation. Marta will discuss how she is using stakeholder engagement strategies to achieve this goal.
- Identify and meet expectations
- Improve and refresh service
- Build trust with effective communication
Marta Baranska Executive Manager PMO & Performance Suncorp
Reflect on the themes discussed throughout the summit and ignite your passion. This interactive roundtable will help you to take your learnings back into your workplace.
- Lessons learned from the summit
- Steps to success
- Add value to your PMO
Michelle Sorrensen Leadership Coach Peak Performance Leaders
22 Aug - 23 Aug
Lead with Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- The physicality of leadership
- The emotionally intelligent leader
- Why empathy works
- Manage professional and personal setbacks
How leadership styles impact PMO success
- Align values for project performance
- Recognise how your leadership style can hinder or enhance performance
- Identify how your leadership style can block or enable change
- Navigate changing leadership styles
Engage stakeholders and real-time management
- Analyse stakeholders
- Friends with benefits – Work collaboratively to manage change
- Create a common ground for dialogue to facilitate inclusive communication
- Effective communication and issues management
Strategies for effective PMO
- Encourage support and buy-in from senior management
- Collaborate with external groups for effective partnerships
- Manage difficult conversations and resolve conflict in a project cycle
- Build your circle of influence – Networks and leadership
Effective problem solving for increased PMO performance
- Take a proactive problem solving approach
- Back the hunch with the data crunch – Getting your facts right
- Break down the barriers to critical thinking
- Roadblocks to effective solutions
Manage by exception and the efficiency of delegation
- Realistic performance measures for managing by exception
- Set up your project for effective delegation – Understand expectations
- Barriers to effective delegation and the micro manager
- Identify triggers of non-performance
Drive effectiveness through mentoring and coaching
- The role of the leader in improving staff experience
- Coaching staff for increased performance
- Lead by example: How to set positive behaviours
- Seek out and work with a mentor to strengthen personal leadership
Build personal leadership traits
- Understand your value as a PMO leader and how to increase that unique value
- Cultivate a high-performance mind-set
- Lead with perspective and purpose
- Set your leadership blueprint
* Terms and conditions apply