- Identify & leverage your leadership profile
- Strengthen your strategic communication skills
- Leverage mentoring for career development
- Achieve work-life integration
The Hon Natasha Maclaren-Jones MLC was sworn in as a member of the NSW Legislative Council on Tuesday 3 May 2011 and is the Government Whip in the Legislative Council. Natasha brings to Parliament broad experience in public policy development. Before entering Parliament, Natasha worked as a public affairs and government relations consultant, providing services to multinational health care companies and industry associations. She also worked as an adviser to Liberal Ministers in the Commonwealth Government and as a registered nurse. She holds a Bachelor of Nursing and a Masters of Health Services Management.
Legislative Council Government Whip
Parliament of NSW
Assistant Commissioner, Not for Profit
Australian Taxation Office
NSW Information Commissioner and Chief Executive Officer
Information and Privacy Commission NSW
Group Manager and Chief Information Officer
Department of Jobs and Small Business
Chief Executive Officer
Event Finishing In!
Prices start at
More people? More savings!
3 - 4
5 - 9
10 - 14
To achieve your leadership ambitions, you must develop skills to motivate people and effectively communicate your vision. Explore practical skills and strategies to plan ahead to take your career to the next level.
Lead with values-based leadership
- Discover how values-based leadership can enhance motivation, morale and performance within your team
- Create a vision that aligns with your values and the strategic direction of the organisation
Communicate with confidence
- The power of non-verbal communication
- How to have difficult conversations
- How to speak with authority
- How to identify and connect with valuable mentors
- How mentorship will improve your capabilities and personal branding
Step up from aspiring leader to executive leader
- Methods for presenting yourself as a leader and promoting your leadership qualities
- Build the confidence to move from a specialist to a senior decision maker
- Develop a personalised and practical leadership plan
Elizabeth Stephens Coach and Trainer Ripple Impact
Start the summit by welcoming the Hon Natasha Maclaren-Jones MLC. Hear about her career journey and how she achieved her successes.
- Learn from an inspirational leadership journey
- What career do you want to have?
- Position yourself for success
Natasha Maclaren-Jones Legislative Council Government Whip Parliament of NSW
It is essential to have someone who champions your work and believes in your vision. Learn from Neil on how to find and approach mentors so that you can learn from their experience and gain opportunities for progression.
- The benefits of mentors in fulfilling your leadership ambitions
- Get all genders and levels involved to create a supportive culture
- Identify and approach those who align with your goals and vision
Neil Kirby Chief Executive Officer Ambulance Tasmania
A motivated and productive team creates personal satisfaction and demonstrates your leadership capabilities. Learn how to master your team management skills and foster a positive environment for cooperation.
- Coaching strategies for maximum engagement
- Deal with difficult conversations
- Be adaptable to the work environment
Rachel Lloyd Assistant Secretary Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
Discover how to leverage your self-confidence and adopt a positive attitude to fast-track promotion.
- How to ace interviews
- Come across clearer and with an aura of authority
- Eliminate self-doubt
Christina Ween Commander, RAN Department of Defence
Leadership is more than a title - it's a quality that's difficult to define. Explore what makes a good leader and how you can find the leader within.
-Identify the traits of good leadership
-Leverage your strengths
-Learn how to be a true leader in and out of work
Jo Haylen Member for Summer Hill, Shadow Minister for Active Transport, Shadow Minister for Seniors and Volunteers, Shadow Minister for Cost of Living Parliament of New South Wales
Successful leaders in the APS juggle competing responsibilities while maintaining tight deadlines and budget pressures. Discover how to deal with challenging situations without compromising on wellbeing.
-Manage competing priorities and expectations
-Effective strategies for time management
-Practical skills for personal and professional success
Thao Le Chief Financial Officer ACT Government
Kate Buggy National Manager Taskforce Integrity and Fraud Investigations Department of Human Services
Virginia Cook General Manager, Communications and Parliamentary Branch Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
Jo Chivers Director, Higher Education Program Management Department of Education and Training
Cass Coleman Assistant Director, Divisional Government and Business Support Department of the Environment and Energy
Bernadette Thompson Assistant Director, Public Financial Management Advisory Services Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Cultivate self-awareness of the language you use, improve your communication skills and discover how to negotiate successfully.
-Guarantee an assertive impact as a communicator
-Adapt to your audience
-Communication skills to achieve your goals
Discover how to demonstrate your capability as a leader in the public sector, align your values with your work, and take responsibility for your actions.
- Banking trust with your team and the public
- Hold yourself to a higher standard in your work and ethics
- Confidently voice your opinions and take responsibility for those outcomes
Lisa Harris Assistant Secretary Financial Compliance Department of Defence
To thrive through change, you must learn how to remain flexible, be proactive encourage your team to do the same.
- Forecast and prepare for disruption
- Navigate ambiguity
- Resilience for reform
Jennifer Moltisanti Assistant Commissioner, Not for Profit Australian Taxation Office
A strong professional network has a powerful impact on your career. Improve your networking skills and leverage your relationships to maintain a competitive edge, stay informed, and gain access to opportunities.
- The importance of networking beyond the workplace
- Identify and build support networks
- Leverage your connections
Shari Allison Chief Inspector NSW Police Force
Elizabeth will teach you how to go above and beyond to seize the right opportunities for growth.
- The change catalyst – what are the origins?
- Impact and benefits at the organisational and individual level
- Implementation, reputation, evaluation and future
Elizabeth Tydd NSW Information Commissioner and Chief Executive Officer Information and Privacy Commission NSW
Collaboration increases innovation, improves problem-solving and builds trust. Hear how you can put your hand up to work across sectors and teams, ultimately diversifying your skill set and expanding your network.
- The importance of collaboration
- Celebrate differences and embrace diversity
- Collaborate to enhance your skill set and build visibility
Kerryn Kovacevic Group Manager and Chief Information Officer Department of Jobs and Small Business
Brooke Silvers Head of Performance and Delivery Team, Australia and New Zealand Department for International Trade - British Consulate-General, Sydney
Shari Allison Chief Inspector NSW Police Force
Jane Crowe Shared Services Applications Delivery Department of Human Services
Louise Greig Director - ATT Strategic Policy Department of Home Affairs
Senior leaders align their team’s objectives with the long-term strategy of the organisation. Learn how to create holistic plans, communicate clearly and motivate others to follow your vision.
- Identify the big picture for your role, organisation and environment
- Integrate your vision with short-term goals to achieve success
- Communicate your direction clearly to all stakeholders
Elizabeth will share her experience on how to be a true leader from the inside-out, and discover how you can develop your leadership style.
- What is an effective leader?
- Listen to your inner voice
- Identify and adapt to different leadership styles
Elizabeth Carroll Chief Legal Counsel IP Australia
Gain insights for upskilling and fostering meaningful connections to create leadership pathways for you and your team.
- Support and influence teams and stakeholders through times of change
- Enabling and empowering others for the benefit of your organisation
- Challenge yourself to strive for professional advancement
In this interactive closing session, you will reflect on the key takeaways from the past two days and develop an action plan for the future.
- Reflect on key learnings
- Identify areas for professional development
- Establish your leadership plan
25 Jul - 26 Jul
High-level communication, influence and negotiation skills
- Manage emotions for positive and assertive communication
- Develop techniques of persuasion, negotiation and influencing
- Prepare for and have difficult conversations with confidence
Transformational leadership strategies to accelerate team performance
- Leverage team dynamics to enhance performance
- Challenge, support and empower others
- Manage uncooperative staff members
Drive change and innovation as a female leader
- Recognise and overcome hurdles to change
- Trust your intuition and step outside your comfort zone
- Embed a positive change culture in an organisation
Action planning for leadership
- Develop a personalised approach: short and long-term
- Understand challenges
- Share approaches for moving your career forward
Sally Dooley Leadership Coach, Facilitator & Speaker Sally Dooley
Fundamental authentic leadership capabilities
- Capabilities, attributes and skills of an influential and authentic leader
- Develop personal worth, power and responsibility
- Embrace your diverse and inclusive leadership style
Maintain resilience and authenticity through difficult times
- Techniques to maintain resilience
- Be an authentic leader
- Practice and maintain integrity as a leader
Lead with Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Evaluate your EQ level and identify opportunities for growth and development
- Understand your EQ and its impact on the way you are perceived as a leader
- Leverage your EQ in the workplace
- Embrace qualities of empathy and understanding to become a better leader
Understand your leadership style
- Build self-awareness of leadership traits and how they align with organisational goals
- Recognise the demands of leadership and the expectations of the organisation
- Understand the expectations of team members and direct reports
- Develop your personal leadership plan
Sue Brodie Workshop Presenter & Behaviour Specialist Being Human HR
Hotel Realm Canberra
18 National Circuit, Canberra, ACT, 2600, Australia
+61 2 6163 1800
* Terms and conditions apply