Make your presence known and lead your organisation into tomorrow
- Skills and strategies for career advancement
- Create a healthy, resilient organisational culture to boost performance
- Powerful techniques for stakeholder communication
- Build new networks with other innovative leaders
Chair, Director & Mentor
Chief Financial OfficerIAG
Chief Executive OfficerLake Macquarie City Council
Deputy - Vice Chancellor, Research & InnovationUniversity of Newcastle
Chief Executive OfficerNewcastle Coal Infrastructure Group
Professor Trish Davidson
Executive Director of Medical ServicesHunter New England Local Health District
Chief Financial OfficerHunter Water Corporation
General Manager, Product SupportWesTrac
Group Executive Legal & Chief Risk Officer (General Counsel/Company Secretary)nib
General Manager – People & EngagementAmpcontrol
Head of Regional Project DeliveryTransport for NSW
Director, Hunter & Central CoastDepartment of Regional NSW
Human Resources ManagerWestpac Rescue Helicopter Service
Chief Operations OfficerCompass Housing Services
Dr Sally Fitzpatrick
Acting Program ManagerEverymind
Chief Executive OfficerSamaritans
CEO & FounderNFP Connect
Chief Empowerment OfficerAlexandria Joy
Leadership Performance CoachJo Wise Leadership
Founder & Principal ConsultantStoryroad
Founder & Communications CoachResonate Communications
Pursuing the goal of reaching a senior executive role or creating change within your organisation requires more than specialised technical skills and sticking it out to the next round of promotions. It requires a harnessing of your unique brand presence and strengths to communicate strategically.
The ability to communicate clearly and accurately is the mark of a professional and heads to fewer mistakes, better relationships, and increased productivity. In this immersive and interactive workshop, Alexandria will give you a deeper understanding of the essential skills and knowledge required to stand out in your brand and give you the strategies, tactics and tools to boost your confidence to communicate with an executive-level skill set.
Define your presence
- Identify your leadership and communication style
- Play to your strengths
- Pinpoint what’s holding you back
Develop your voice
- Harness your natural communication style
- Understand verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Develop powerful storytelling skills to engage and influence others
Optimise your brand awareness
- Develop an authentic and confident leadership profile
- Build strong long-term networks and a circle of influence for support
- Learn how to enhance your online presence with LinkedIn
Master executive communication skills
- Manage conflict and execute difficult conversations with confidence
- Develop presentation and public speaking skills
- Mastering questioning and feedback skills
Alexandria Joy Chief Empowerment Officer Alexandria Joy
Join Liquid Learning and your chair, Alexandria Joy, for this opening kick-off session, and start to unpack our conference theme, 'Develop your Presence & Relevance', outline your desired learning outcomes and prepare for two days of incredible speakers, senior leaders, expert deep-dives and unmissable panel discussions!
No matter the industry or organisation you are in (or will be), your values and core beliefs will be tested and challenged as a leader. How do you identify the things to hold onto and the things to let go? And do they change?
- Begin to trust your instincts as a leader
- Learn how to find your authentic voice as a leader
- Confront imposter syndrome
Compass Housing Services is one of the largest and fastest-growing providers of social housing within Australia and New Zealand. Their mission is to provide secure and affordable housing to low-income earners and empower their lives through community connections and education to break the cycle of disadvantage.
Lisa is the Chief Operating Officer at Compass Housing Services, and her leadership has provided the asset and tenancy management of approximately 5,000 properties across NSW and QLD while leading an innovative and diverse team. Listen as Lisa shares what it means to be a leader in the community for Compass Housing and how to lead successfully in times of transition in mergers.
Lisa Tierney Chief Operations Officer Compass Housing Services
Your workload has doubled, you have family affairs to manage, and the place you volunteer on the weekend wants you to do an extra shift. You want to give 110%, but you still need to keep a little in the tank for yourself. The question is, how do you manage your time and energy to maximise your life?
Join our panel for some real-talk as local leaders offer an honest, candid account of their careers and personal stories, how it's shaped them, and how, together, you can achieve harmonious wellbeing.
- Pursue your ambitions and create boundaries to protect them
- Discover tips and tools for juggling demands at work
- Create healthy policies and practices for wellbeing in your organisation
Danielle Bull General Manager, Product Support WesTrac
Roslyn Toms Group Executive Legal & Chief Risk Officer (General Counsel/Company Secretary) nib
Leigh Stefanszyn General Manager – People & Engagement Ampcontrol
Alison McGaffin Director, Hunter & Central Coast Department of Regional NSW
Holding your own in any leadership position demands a confident approach, especially when dealing with sensitive situations. Whether you’re negotiating a pay rise, going for a promotion, or giving a presentation, the ability to communicate confidently and authentically when managing people and dealing with key stakeholders is essential for success. In this intensive expert commentary session, expert facilitator, Jo Wise, will coach you on the art of constructive conversations and how to leverage the power of your voice at work.
- Master the art of constructive conversations
- Know your objective and remain solution-focused
- Preserve your professional relationships
Jo Wise Leadership Performance Coach Jo Wise Leadership
The biggest challenge for a leader isn't dealing with systems and processes - it's managing people through change. It's no easy feat, but change can be positive and rewarding when staff are engaged. Explore strategies for continual engagement with all stakeholders and why persistence is critical to change.
- Learn how to facilitate engagement from each stakeholder
- Harness the ideas and gifting of each team member to bolster innovation
- Embrace the mindset of the long game
Everyone wants to have the newest and freshest idea on the market, the idea which will be truly innovative and set your organisation up for success. So how do you go about creating not just lightbulb moments but a continuous culture of innovation in your team? Prof. Janet Nelson was Vice President for Research and Economic Development at the University of Idaho. Now landed on Australian shores to lead the University of Newcastle in breakthrough ideas and innovation as the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research and Innovation. Hear from Prof. Janet Nelson as she explores key learnings of how to create healthy cultures of innovation and excellence in your teams.
- Make the box bigger before thinking outside the box
- Build unity, commitment and accountability in team cultures
- Innovation is not your focus, problem solving is
Janet Nelson Deputy - Vice Chancellor, Research & Innovation University of Newcastle
If there’s one thing superheroes and leaders have in common, it’s a story of transformation in the face of defeat. Many leaders think that to save the day, they've got to hide weakness. But real heroes know that vulnerability isn't your kryptonite - it's a superpower! Jennifer has had a successful career in finance and now sits on multiple boards across the Hunter region. She will explore the power of vulnerability, touching on the benefits it can bring for you and your team.
- Embrace vulnerability and trust in your worth
- Move from failure to perfect life lessons
- Raise your hand to every opportunity
Jennifer Hayes Chief Financial Officer Hunter Water Corporation
With over 800 staff and almost 400 volunteers, Samaritans provides valuable community services, while promoting social and economic reform in NSW and Australian contexts. Since 1984, Samaritans has been working closely with the vulnerable within communities to live their life to the fullest through the values of compassion, integrity and justice. Brad sees how gender inequality perpetuates ongoing social disadvantage, and he wants to see that change. Hear how Samaritans are going about this task, and what you can do to support that effort.
Brad Webb Chief Executive Officer Samaritans
Like it or not, office politics is a critical part of leadership. It requires you to learn how to master interpersonal relationships and exert influence to get tasks done. So how do you do it well?
Prof. Trish Davidson oversees the medical services of Hunter New England Health and Aaron Johansen leads Newcastle Coal Infrastructure Group. Both have learnt a thing or two about the art of negotiation and winning over leaders. So get ready to jot down notes and learn how to master politics and negotiation, both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Learn early who the primary influencers are in the room
- Strengthen your reputational capital
- Manage the tension between empathy and assertiveness
Aaron Johansen Chief Executive Officer Newcastle Coal Infrastructure Group
Danielle Bull General Manager, Product Support WesTrac
Kirsten is well known for being a trailblazer as an experienced former CEO and non-executive Director. She is an authentic and collaborative leader whose passion lies in making a positive difference to organisations. Kirsten’s career has taught her that leadership is most effective when you focus less on what you can do for yourself and instead look at what you can do for others. Join Kirsten as she shares how she has learned to show compassion as a leader in challenging environments and how to have a positive impact on those around you, encouraging growth and driving success.
- Own your career pathway
- Embrace discomfort for personal growth
- Find ways to cultivate healthy relationships to build a strong culture and professional network
Kirsten Molloy Chair, Director & Mentor
People tend to over-value leader communication - They focus on it, interpret it and seek to read between the lines. Uncertainty causes people to pay even greater attention to what leaders say, how they say it and what they (really) mean. Transparency is key to build trust, but how much is too much and how can you do it effectively? In this interactive expert commentary session, Communication Coach, Arabella, will provide you with the skills to make an impact and communicate confidently.
- Discover the psychology behind the decision-making process
- Identify effective channels for communication internally & externally
- Formulate persuasive phrases to maximise your influence
Arabella Macpherson Founder & Communications Coach Resonate Communications
How can you encourage unity and create a positive workplace for leaders of diverse backgrounds? Quotas have been propagated to achieve this, but are they working? Are they even healthy to have? What about the other issues occurring internally and hidden from sight? How do you address them?
Have your questions at the ready as our panel of thought leaders inspire you to take action in your organisation and the Hunter Region.
- Address negative problems by re-thinking your organisation's culture
- Learn how you can contribute to a positive culture in any role
- Involve men and women in the gender equity conversation
Professor Trish Davidson Executive Director of Medical Services Hunter New England Local Health District
Gillian Geraghty Head of Regional Project Delivery Transport for NSW
Fiona Williams Human Resources Manager Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service
Leading is one thing, but leading leaders is another. Leaders can be strong-willed, passionate and opinionated, but they are key players when you are wanting to create momentum for action.
So, how do you successfully lead leaders? Michelle will share experience from her career, championing leaders through the balance of autonomy, trust and transparency in all conversations. Hear from Michelle as she provides insight into her approach for leading leaders, and how you can prepare to become one in the future.
- Ensure the right balance of oversight and autonomy
- Create a culture of accountability
- Develop the mindset now as you journey into a more senior position
Michelle McPherson Chief Financial Officer IAG
From their beginnings in 1992, Everymind has become a national influence in the research and prevention of mental ill-health and suicide. Working closely with governments, research institutions and the private sector to roll out world-leading programs that are supporting the wellbeing of employees and their stakeholders. For Everymind and Dr Sally Fitzpatrick, leadership means two things. Firstly, everyone must have a say and, secondly, that prevention is the cure. Take in the triumphant stories that Everymind gets to see from their people-first focused leadership.
Dr Sally Fitzpatrick Acting Program Manager Everymind
One of the most valuable aspects of a leader is team leadership. To some it comes naturally - to others, it takes intentional focus. You need to pay attention to how your team click and encourage them to follow the why behind the what.
Morven has led Lake Macquarie City Council through change since her placement as CEO in 2017. She has worked closely with each leader of her division, inspiring them to lead their teams. Hear from Morven as she shares the skills required and the discipline needed to be an influential team leader.
- Foster clarity and transparency in all communication
- Identify and strengthen the skills of each team member
- Learn how to have tough conversations
Morven Cameron Chief Executive Officer Lake Macquarie City Council
NFP Connect started as a simple coffee catch up in Newcastle with the mission of supporting those working in not-for-profit organisations overcome feelings of isolation and frustration. Today, Grace Mclean has established NFP Connect to be a thriving community, which is transforming not-for-profits to operate more efficiently and connecting local businesses to purposeful corporate social responsibility. For Grace, if there is a powerful lesson gained from working closely within both sectors. Hear from Grace as she shares from her experience of leaders being purposeful in their giving.
Grace McLean CEO & Founder NFP Connect
You have been able to listen, discuss and connect with leaders from the Hunter Region and abroad. Our expert coach Alexandria Joy will guide a collaborative roundtable reflecting on the takeaways from the summit. Together you will identify opportunities for progression and create an action plan for your future.
- Reflect on the key learnings from the past two days
- Discuss factors driving reform and change for leaders in the Hunter Region
- Create an action plan for the future
Alexandria Joy Chief Empowerment Officer Alexandria Joy
Develop adaptive leadership skills to excel
- Adaptive leadership and intervention skills
- Explore technical vs adaptive challenges
- Identify how best to utilise your interventions within the context of your organisation
Understand power, influence and authority
- Getting comfortable with power
- Tools to increase your leadership presence - test your influencing style
- How to align power with authenticity, courage and vulnerability
High-level communication and negotiation skills
- Build your negotiation skills and repertoire - “Nice girls don’t ask and smart women do”
- Preparing for and have difficult conversations with confidence
- Develop techniques of persuasion and negotiation
Self-Awareness & Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Tools to improve your self-awareness
- Increase your listening skills and enhance your Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Set your intentions - increase your focus, productivity and how you’re perceived as a leader
Maree Walk Founder & Principal Consultant Storyroad
Improving your leadership style
- Coaching and mentoring others to improve performance
- Delivering and receiving feedback - get comfortable with being uncomfortable
- Build resilience to thrive under pressure under pressure
Transformational leadership strategies to accelerate team performance
- Leverage team dynamics to enhance performance
- Support your team and engage others to deliver
- Manage tough situations and people
Drive change and innovation as a female leader
- Recognise and overcome hurdles to change
- Trust your intuition and step outside your comfort zone
- Embed a positive change culture in an organisation
Strategic career progression - Understand your career to date
- Maximise existing relationships and networks and build new ones for professional opportunities
- Share approaches to move your career forward
- Develop a personal leadership plan - short and long-term
Maree Walk Founder & Principal Consultant Storyroad
Current discount ending in
Virtual / Streaming