Will your company survive in a remote working environment?
- Cybersecurity essentials for managing remote teams
- Realise the importance of cross-functional collaboration
- Awareness and understanding of best practices & standards: ISO 27001/27
What you need to know about cybersecurity - Do you understand and care about the why?
- Bust the myths around cybersecurity, explore emerging trends
- Understand the long-term impacts of cybercrime
What does security look like at your organisation?
- Introducing the concepts behind the Business Model for Information Security
Activity: Using the model as a guide, determine which way your organisation leans currently and how you think it should look
Crafting a cyber secure mindset - Culture is everything particularly when times are hard!
- Connecting the dots between technology requirements and the expectations of the organisation
- Embrace the mindset that cyber is everyone's responsibility particularly during COVID-19
- Working remotely: a combination of security and human connectivity driving organisational culture
- Understand the importance of a cross-functional approach to cybersecurity: keeping everyone informed
Activity: Revisit how you thought your organisation should look from a security perspective. Do you still think this is accurate? How do think it should look now?
It’s all about the people
- Turn your most valuable assets into a weapon against cyber crime
- Create a sound understanding of the employees’ role in a security culture
- Explore the impacts of diversity - Know your employees’ behaviours and norms
- Culture challenges and the new normal
- Create a safe environment for employees to report incidents without fear of consequences
Activity: Develop a strategy for your organisation that will contribute to a robust, adaptable cyber resilience strategy
Gain security buy in with key stakeholder engagement
- The gap between the Board, the Executive and you - How to plug the gap with an effective strategy
- How the Board and Executive think - understand how to influence them through appropriate communications
What happens if (or when) it goes wrong?
- Explore current and emerging security breaches - Real world case studies
- How should the business act and respond
Culture change extends beyond awareness - Next steps to defend against cyber-crime
Activity: Review of your cyber resilience strategy
Activity: Create an Action plan for next steps to develop security champions
Jo Stewart-Rattray Director Technology & Security Assurance BRM Holdich
Jo has over 25 years’ experience in the IT field, some of which were spent as CIO in the Utilities and as Group CIO in the Tourism space, and with significant experience in the Information Security arena. She underpins her information technology and security background with her qualifications in education and management.
She specialises in consulting in technology issues with a particular emphasis on governance in both the commercial and operational areas of businesses. Jo provides strategic advice to organisations across a number of industry sectors including banking and finance, utilities, manufacturing, tertiary education, retail and government.
Director Technology & Security Assurance
Current discount ending in
Virtual / Streaming