Unlock your potential & broaden your horizons through self-expansion in a rural environment
The Honourable Vicki O'Halloran
Her Honour the Honourable Vicki O’Halloran AO, Administrator of the Northern TerritoryNorthern Territory Government
The Honourable Selena Uibo
Minister for Aboriginal Affairs; Minister for Education; Minister for Workforce TrainingLegislative Assembly of the Northern Territory
Deputy Vice-Chancellor & Vice-President OperationsCharles Darwin University
Chief Operating OfficerTop End Health Service
Executive Director People & Organisational CapabilityDepartment of Health, NT
Commanding Officer Joint Health UnitAustralian Army
Police SergeantNorthern Territory Police, Fire & Emergency Services
Founder, Business Development ManagerAbode New Homes
Managing Partner Northern Territory Regional & AgribusinessNational Australia Bank
Founder, Managing DirectorKaren Sheldon Group
Superintendent, Community & Corporate AffairsMcArthur River Zinc Mine
General ManagerCrocosaurus Cove
Regional Manager NTITEC Group Australia
Strata ManagerAltitude Management NT
Founder & CreatorA.R.T. Your Life
FounderSuzie Whitfield Coaching & Training
Director, Defence & Veterans EngagementDepartment of Trade, Business & Innovation - Northern Territory Government
- Secure your future through professional development in a lower demographic
- Strengthen your networks and solidify your professional presence in a rural environment
- Harness the power of diversity in your community
- Conquer your domain through confidence and communicate like a leader
Confident communication is an underestimated skill. When establishing your managerial credibility, you must communicate with determination and clarity. But communication is more than the ability to convey ideas. Exceptional communicators evoke emotions and rouse attention.
This workshop will help you understand various communication styles and tap into your strengths so that you can convey ideas and influence with authenticity.
- Learn about communication triggers that influence behaviour
- Discover your communication footprint and how to leverage your strengths
- Build your leadership brand
Build high-performing teams
- Learn how to unlock the potential of individual team members and optimise their strengths
- Inspire individual confidence and responsibility
- Reduce conflict and increase engagement
- Create and sustain collaborative relationships
Leverage emotional intelligence for navigating change
- Lead with a balanced head and heart
- Inspire others to galvanise behind a purpose
- Creating meaningful customer-centric connections
Catie Kirke Founder & Creator A.R.T. Your Life
Diverse teams boost creativity, enabling your team to tackle problems from multiple angles and discover unique solutions. But to build a multicultural team, you must first establish trust.
Join the Honourable Minister Selena Uibo as she discusses how you can break down cultural differences to establish trust in the workplace. You'll learn how to proactively accommodate different work schedules and provide everyone with a voice to secure the fair treatment of your team.
- Break down cultural differences and establish internal trust
- Workaround cultural customs to accommodate individual needs
- Be fair and provide everyone with a voice
The Honourable Selena Uibo Minister for Aboriginal Affairs; Minister for Education; Minister for Workforce Training Legislative Assembly of the Northern Territory
Deadlines, rivalry, and organisational change characterise the modern workplace. Success relies on your ability to ‘bounce back’ from inevitable career challenges. Join Karinda as she explores strategies to help you build workplace resilience.
- Adapt through positivity
- Develop and strengthen emotional insight
- Create a responsive comeback plan
Karinda Gill Founder, Business Development Manager Abode New Homes
Forming and maintaining strong professional relationships is a core component of career success. Networks help you access resources, information, and support. However, some people find networking a daunting task and refrain from making these vital connections.
Join Linda as she explains how to make professional connections, make a lasting impression with new contacts, and solidify your professional presence online through an interactive activity.
- How to network and why you should
- Make a lasting impression on new connections
- Go digital! How to master your professional presence online
Linda Fazldeen Director, Defence & Veterans Engagement Department of Trade, Business & Innovation - Northern Territory Government
A mentor is an experienced role model and trusted adviser who offers their knowledge, experience, and advice to guide the mentee during their professional journey. But how easy is it to sustain a supportive relationship?
Join Angela as she discusses how to overcome these challenges by maintaining communication and independence.
- Maintain effective communication and constructive feedback
- Set achievable goals for your mentee to build confidence
- Foster your mentee's independence through the option of choice
Angela Tomazos Managing Partner Northern Territory Regional & Agribusiness National Australia Bank
Executive presence is a trait aspiring executives know they need, but its definition is murky at best. Is it charisma? Is it grace under pressure? Will those in charge of your career path agree that you have 'it'? Join our panellists as they discuss what it takes to develop your executive presence and build confidence.
- Embrace our unique
- Utilise the power of silence
- Get out of your comfort zone
Joanne Norton Executive Director People & Organisational Capability Department of Health, NT
Renae McGarvie Police Sergeant Northern Territory Police, Fire & Emergency Services
Catherine Fairlie Regional Manager NT ITEC Group Australia
For many women, "making it" necessitates learning how to navigate male-dominated environments. Unconscious bias, male preferential norms, and a lack of recognition are all challenges women must learn to overcome if they wish to succeed. Tracy will discuss the importance of staying true to yourself while exploring strategies to be seen and heard.
- Develop strategies to be seen and heard
- Play to your unique strengths and thrive
- Find a sponsor to champion your success
Tracy Jones Superintendent, Community & Corporate Affairs McArthur River Zinc Mine
Catie will conclude today's event with getting you started on your professional presence online with an interactive networking session using online social tools.
As technology advances, employees can be left behind in an ever-evolving environment. Executives who approach these challenges with a growth mindset will ensure success. Join Her Honour the Honourable Vicki O’Halloran as she discusses how you can adapt to changing times. You'll learn how to adopt a growth mindset, set learning goals, and seek constructive feedback.
- See success as more than just a result
- Set learning goals and targets for your growth
- Seek feedback to support your development
The Honourable Vicki O'Halloran Her Honour the Honourable Vicki O’Halloran AO, Administrator of the Northern Territory Northern Territory Government
Upskilling gives you a competitive edge to stay ahead in your industry. Join Maree as she highlights her journey to leadership and how you can increase your value through upskilling and keep up with industry demands.
- Increase your value in your organisation
- Be ahead of your industry through investing in yourself
- Be the best version of you
Maree Bredhauer Mayor Litchfield Council
Women have been eschewing clerical positions and venturing into traditionally male-held professions for over a century.
While the movement to enter male-dominated environments has progressed, men may show a reluctance to follow suit. So how do we rise to the challenge? Lieutenant Colonel Mason will discuss how to use a tactical adaptive mindset and be a chameleon without compromising authenticity.
- Lead with a tactical adaptive mindset
- Balance authentic leadership and be a chameleon
- Prepare for the unexpected
Michelle Mason Commanding Officer Joint Health Unit Australian Army
To build executive presence, you must first harness your voice. Without it, the power of your presence can be diminished, opening windows for bias. Meredith will discuss how you can use your voice to your advantage and strengthen your confidence.
- Become aware of your vocal impact and presence in the workplace
- Explore your vocal variety to engage your listeners and increase your credibility
- Improve your confidence and authority when speaking before an audience
Meredith Parry Deputy Vice-Chancellor & Vice-President Operations Charles Darwin University
Businesses are always competing for the best talent. Implementing strategies to support and retain their staff is the goal, but this is easier said than done. Join our panellists as they discuss how they have tackled employee retention challenges and share strategies to help you achieve the same.
- Best practice recruitment strategies
- Entice new talent
- Develop a dynamic and diverse team
Michelle McKay Chief Operating Officer Top End Health Service
Penny Eckel General Manager Crocosaurus Cove
Jacqueline Reid Strata Manager Altitude Management NT
Research has shown that nurturing talent has a positive impact on culture, growth, and commercial success. Karen will explain how she created an efficient and successful company by challenging individuals to harness their inner passion.
- Tailor job roles to individual strengths
- Recruit like-minded individuals with the ethos and passion that mirrors your organisation's vision
- Keep your vision front and centre in your daily work
Karen Sheldon Founder, Managing Director Karen Sheldon Group
Join Catie as she concludes the summit with reflection upon the lessons learnt, how you can apply these tips, and guidance to truly become your powerful self.
Catie Kirke Founder & Creator A.R.T. Your Life
Delegation is a critical management competency, so why do we have trouble letting go? Many things can get in the way, but once you learn to overcome these obstacles, you will get more done and achieve better outcomes. This workshop will provide you with techniques for delegation and task management.
Understand the value of delegation
- Principles and benefits of delegation
- Using the power of other people
- Competency and proficiency
Distinguish critical elements of delegation and task management
- Stages for delegation
- Manage obstacles
- Establish trust
Identify tasks to delegate and promote team accountability
- Types of tasks that demand your time
- Don't let other people’s priorities become yours
- Identify your team's strengths and delegate accordingly
Improve productivity by identifying and overcoming barriers that obstruct delegation
- How to identify unseen problems
- Define goals and objectives
- Risk management and conflict resolution
Suzie Whitfield Founder Suzie Whitfield Coaching & Training
100 The Esplanade, Darwin, NT, 0800
61 (8) 8963 5000
Current discount ending in