About the workshop
Research reveals that poor communication is the culprit for 70% of corporate errors, and that improving your communication skills may see as much as a 25% increase in productivity.
Developing your written communication skill-set is essential to succeed in today's increasingly fast-paced and technologically varied business environment. It's part of everyday life, yet many of us feel unsure about the correct etiquette and how to strike the right professional tone. In business writing, the language is concrete, the point of view is clear, and the points are well expressed, and learning how to write clearly and concisely will make you more impactful in your role.
This course is designed to show you the essentials of effective, efficient business writing and produce documents that are accurate, clear and concise. You will learn how to write in a concise, compelling manner that gets to the heart of the point with speed and clarity and how to apply these skills across a range of common platforms, channels and formats, including email correspondence, proposals, complaints, internal and external communications and preparing business cases, official business documents.
Written Communication 101
- Explore a range of communication styles and how it will help when using written communication
- Understanding and segmenting your audience
- Creating key messages and incorporating them into your communication
- Defining the best written media for your communication
Writing for different Government channels and message formats
- The basic structure of agendas, emails, letters, ministerial proposals and reports
- The importance of grammar and punctuation
- Government writing Do’s and Don'ts - email etiquette
- Using clear, concise and inclusive language with the right tone of voice
Writing for impact and influence
- How to communicate with your reader in mind for impactful engagement
- Set clear objectives and build a logical structure
- The importance of planning, drafting, editing and proofreading
- Communicate key messages with the right level of detail
Writing for different purposes
- How to respond to get what you want from to stakeholders
- How to handle difficult complaints and communications
- Writing in practice: Interactive practical exercise application of skills learnt
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Essential for any professional whose role involves written communication, or anyone looking to develop their professional writing skills.