About the workshop
- Integrate long-term financial planning and asset management
- Enhance your confidence to successfully navigate the entire project finance process
- Understand the roles and relationships between asset and finance managers
- Assess regulatory frameworks for infrastructure financial reporting
- Influential written and verbal communication and collaboration with the business
- Examine alternative financial analysis techniques and financing options for infrastructure projects
- Build the financial and non-financial KPIs to demonstrate infrastructure project benefits
Setting the context
- The requirement for enhanced agility in organisational decision making - Reviewing and rethinking the strategic planning process
- Build a more dynamic strategic planning process by identifying strategic drivers and incorporating scenario planning with key project stakeholders
- Communicate your purpose and strategic outcomes clearly and succinctly to ensure that they drive planning, budgeting and forecasting practices
Improve project performance by linking planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Strategy linked forecasting and performance models
- Evaluate the most appropriate level at which budgets will be prepared and managed - ensure responsibilities are set at the right level for managing resources and achieving plans
- Analyse traditional and new approaches for assigning costs - Reassessing the best use of traditional and contemporary approaches to costing, including time-driven activity-based costing
Long-term and innovative budgeting techniques
- Review the traditional role of budgets and their limitations
- Advanced and forward-looking budgeting techniques which allow for accurate allocation of targets and resources
- Apply alternative cost estimating techniques
- Fine-tuning traditional budgeting activities to support decision making in long-term infrastructure projects
Better practice project risk management
- Explore approaches for the identification of project risks
- Embed risk-informed decision making into project business cases
- Using risk as a tool for guiding project budget allocation
- Build a positive risk culture for long-term infrastructure projects
Day one in review - Moving forward what improvements have you identified?
- Identify improved techniques to apply planning, budgeting, costing and managing project risk
- Assess your organisation’s state of readiness to apply new techniques
- Share your identified improvements and determine actions to take in your workplace
- What does good analysis and evaluation look like?
- How can you add value through analysis and evaluation?
- Explore successful and unsuccessful examples of infrastructure finance, from initial agreement to completion and beyond
- Understand and articulate the implications for non-compliance with the accounting standards
- Leverage the power of technology to provide real-time project financial data analytics
Stakeholder management and engagement - Articulating the ROI
- Build trust-based relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Effectively communicate the impact of asset management performance on the financial statements
- Manage competing agendas, tight timeframes, organisational changes and confidentiality
- Technical methods to support strategic engagement, stakeholder mapping, analysis and boundary spanning
- Strategies to work together to formulate and achieve long-term objectives
People management in the context of finance practice
- Manage finance teams, retain and grow talent through effective people management skills
- Emotional competence to build resilience and self-management
- Focus on individual and team performance to deliver results
- Empower finance teams to reach their highest potential
Finance leaders think-tank - Next steps for finance leaders
- Reflect and respond to key lessons from the program
- Conduct Force Field Analysis to start the planning of your next steps
- Develop your personal roadmap to being a successful finance business partner
To make sure you get the learning solution that’s right for you, we offer different levels of tailoring to suit your needs. Choose from three levels of customisation:
1.Off the Shelf
Love what you see? Great! Choose this option to take one of our most popular courses and bring it in-house for your team. Includes a pre-course consult session with our facilitator to make sure we hit the mark, and deliver the right learning experience for you.
Make sure you get the most from the course you choose, by tailoring the content to get the right fit for you. Speak to our team, who will work with you to pick and mix from a curated bank of training modules to help customise your learning experience.
Not on the list? Let us know what you’re looking for and we will find the right solution. Our team of learning specialists will work with you to develop a unique training course for your business. Through an in-depth consultation process, we will work with you to profile your learning needs and build a bespoke program from the ground up.
Speak with one of our team today to find which option is right for you.
Thank you for your enquiry, almost there! Please fill in the form so that we may best cater to your needs