Develop core leadership skills to successfully navigate change, disruption, and the future of work
- Inspirational stories from successful Retail and FMCG leaders
- Insights into digital innovation and business transformation
- Successfully navigate disruption and the future of work
- Communicate with impact and influence
Managing Director, B2B and Everyday NeedsWoolworths Group
Chief Financial Officer, ANZUnilever
Chief Financial OfficerOrotonGroup
Regional Managing Director, Head of Regional LogisticsAldi
Executive General Manager, BusinessOfficeworks
Executive Director, Innovation & GrowthSimplot Australia
Dulcie de Koning
Commercial Strategy Director, ANZPepsiCo
General Manager, TechnologyTarget
Sales Director, ANZGeneral Mills
Corporate Affairs & Engagement DirectorL'Oreal Australia
General Manager, Brand, Digital and DesignColes Group
Robyn Sykes Hill
Head of Retail/CPG, APACAmazon Web Services
Head of Category, Revenue and Commercial PlanningKellogg's
General Manager, Customer TechnologyKmart
Head of Ecommerce, Direct-to-Consumer and Fundraising, ANZMondelez Australia
Group General Manager, DigitalThe PAS Group
Chief Executive OfficerMondo Mentor
Leadership & Organisational Development SpecialistAmy Stewart Learning and Development
Executive CoachMichelle Landy Communications
Founder and Chief Empathy OfficerSqr One
Head of Marketing and Acting CMOeBay
Develop high-level communication skills to build your confidence and leadership capacity, and improve your ability to achieve impact and influence others.
Communication skills to maximise influence
- Explore different communication styles
- Develop clarity and assertiveness to increase engagement
Build confidence and leadership capacity
- Develop your strengths and value as a leader
- Gain presence by building confidence and self-belief
Empower and motivate team performance
- Become an adaptive communicator
- Learn to manage different personalities with success
- Understand and manage team needs
Action planning for leadership
- Developing a personalised approach: short and long-term
- Individual reflection and planning to take the next step
Michelle Landy Executive Coach Michelle Landy Communications
Join Liquid Learning for this kick-off session as we prepare for two days of incredible speakers, senior leaders, expert deep-dives, and unmissable panel discussions!
After opening remarks the whole room breaks up into INTERACTIVE GROUPS for you to meet one another, network, and outline your desired learning outcomes as we start unpacking the key themes of the conference!
Ale Wiecek Founder and Chief Empathy Officer Sqr One
As a leader, you can't be all things to all people, but the best way to achieve success is to align your values and your natural leadership style, and to connect your passion with your purpose. Mia Barry has built an impressive career working with a diverse range of iconic brands, including THE ICONIC, Coca-Cola Amatil, and now as CFO of Oroton Group. In this session Mia shares insights from her journey, and explores how to set goals and take the necessary steps to achieve them.
- How to build your career around your goals
- Define your vision of success
- Align your career strategy to you
Mia Barry Chief Financial Officer OrotonGroup
Claire Peters’ international career has spanned more than 24 years. She has worked in the UK, Thailand and Australia for Tesco, and in 2017 she became the first woman to run an Australian grocery chain, and is currently Managing Director of Woolworths Group’s B2B and Everyday Needs. In this session, Claire shares key insights from her leadership journey, learning to be intentional about personal development, saying yes to new opportunities and the importance of self-care as a leader in challenging times.
- Capturing leadership lessons throughout your career
- Developing resilience and learning from mistakes
- Balancing your responsibilities to your team and to yourself
Claire Peters Managing Director, B2B and Everyday Needs Woolworths Group
Complex change brings exciting new opportunities, but as our world of work continues to evolve it can be tough to keep momentum for the future all while not losing sight of the day-to-day. This panel of industry leaders, innovators, and experts will delve into the prospects, pitfalls, and possibilities that lay ahead for the industry, ourselves, and our teams.
- Understand upcoming trends and how this will affect your organisation
- Develop strategies to lead your team through crisis and disruption
- Embrace disruption and innovation in your organisation
Kirstie Hepburn Executive General Manager, Business Officeworks
Angeline Achariya Executive Director, Innovation & Growth Simplot Australia
Samantha McLeod General Manager, Brand, Digital and Design Coles Group
Kate Bean Head of Category, Revenue and Commercial Planning Kellogg's
Anna Samkova Group General Manager, Digital The PAS Group
Career advancement is as much about who you know as much as what you know. Expand your personal and professional network to create access to valuable mentors and sponsors. In this interactive session, you will discover and explore the power of your network and how it can enhance your career success.
- Expand your circle of influence
- Exchange opinions and ideas for a fresh outlook
- Create new connections to unlock opportunities
Louise Baker Chief Executive Officer Mondo Mentor
Samantha McIntyre looks back on 30 years in retail and technology, from starting out on the help desk to reaching the C-suite, executive boards and everything in between. She shares the highs and the lows from a career that spans the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world, including Tesco, Coles, Woolworths, Simplot and now as GM of Technology at Target.
- Understanding and owning your personal leadership strengths
- Tactics and strategies to forge your own path
- Taking risks and being prepared to put your hand up
Samantha McIntyre General Manager, Technology Target
When it comes to the future retail landscape, incremental change won’t wash. Brave decisions are needed, and this calls for confidence and risk-taking. But how do we lead responsibly through these changes, and proactively foster positive engagement within our teams? Joanne Brown explores these themes, and the leadership choices presented in the light of major transformation.
- Understanding the interface between leadership and technology as a critical future skill
- The power of values-based leadership
- How can we use what we are learning to make the industry, and the world, a better place?
Joanne Brown Regional Managing Director, Head of Regional Logistics Aldi
In a sector increasingly defined by rapid change and evolution, leaders need to have their fingers on the pulse and be ready to challenge conventional thinking and drive innovation. Robyn's impressive career spans almost two decades, working with iconic brands like Quantium, Coles, L'Oreal and Unilever in both Australia and South Africa. In this session she shares insights into the traps and triumphs that come from embracing change, and her role as APAC Head of Retail / CPG for Amazon Web Services where every Amazonian constantly innovates on behalf of their customers.
- Challenge conventional thinking
- Strive to deliver above and beyond
- Encourage a culture of innovation
Robyn Sykes Hill Head of Retail/CPG, APAC Amazon Web Services
Welcome back for Day Two - there's a lot to digest from our amazing speakers and action modules so far!
Recap the key learnings and takeaways from Day One, and prep an action plan to maximise your event experience over our jam-packed second day!
Ale Wiecek Founder and Chief Empathy Officer Sqr One
Vicki Miller is an inclusive, results-driven leader who thrives in competitive, rapidly changing environments, achieving business results through cultural and technology transformation. In this session Vicki will share insights from her leadership journey, and key learnings from her experience leading digital transformation in the sector.
Vicki Miller General Manager, Customer Technology Kmart
In our new hyper-connected, fast-paced world of work, leading people requires a personalised approach if you wish to succeed. People want everything customised to their unique needs and preferences, including their leaders. However, it's impossible to be all things to everyone, so what can you do? In this session Severine will share what it means to be an authentic leader, discuss what drives her, and examine the importance of passion and purpose in leadership.
- Identify and communicate your values and purpose
- Use your principles to drive resilience and determination
- Instill trust and cohesion throughout your organisation
Severine Yerriah Chief Financial Officer, ANZ Unilever
Retail and FMCG leaders face unprecedented disruption, but while so much of the conversation can focus on the technical (and technological) side, in order to effectively lead a team through any sort of transformation, it is critical to put your people at the heart of that change. Dulcie draws on more than 20 years experience in the retail channels and categories, working in both Australia and the UK, previously with Procter & Gamble and now as Commercial Strategy Director ANZ for PepsiCo.
- The importance of working as a team when faced with change
- Communication is key - effective communication strategies
- The value of adaptation - how it can be positive for yourself and others
Dulcie de Koning Commercial Strategy Director, ANZ PepsiCo
Whatever you call it - work-life integration, balance (or the lack of it) - it's an inevitable subject when it comes to career management. But when we talk about finding a ‘healthy balance’, there's no silver bullet, all you can do is focus on how you can make it work for you. Our panelists will delve into how they juggle the demands of our new world of work, the importance of setting boundaries, but also learning to not be too hard on yourself when things don't go according to plan.
- The un-balanced reality of work-life balance
- Planning for yourself, but also being kind to yourself
- Managing yourself and your team
Karen Jenkins Sales Director, ANZ General Mills
Melanie Yates Head of Ecommerce, Direct-to-Consumer and Fundraising, ANZ Mondelez Australia
Rebecca Newton Head of Marketing and Acting CMO eBay
Leadership is about more than just a job title. Understanding your purpose is essential to unlocking your full potential as a leader, but is also vital for your own fulfillment and personal growth throughout a career. In this session Marnie Carroll reflects on the power of purpose, from a personal and a brand perspective, and the importance of connecting your day-to-day with what it is you do that makes a difference in the world.
Marnie Carroll Corporate Affairs & Engagement Director L'Oreal Australia
The ability to understand emotional intelligence, recognise its significance and hone those skills is crucial when looking to take the next step. In this interactive session, Amy will cover the foundations of emotional intelligence and delve into the techniques and skills required to improve managing your team in the most productive and effective way possible.
- Emotional intelligence and employee engagement
- Manage interactions using emotional intelligence
- Apply emotional intelligence across facets of leadership
Amy Stewart Leadership & Organisational Development Specialist Amy Stewart Learning and Development
We wrap up our two days of insight and inspiration with this interactive roundtable session. This is your chance to table any topic or trend for a final group discussion. Network with your peers, reflect on your journey so far and create an action plan to carry you forward!
- Reflect on your key takeaways from the Summit
- Identify opportunities for career progression and growth
- Create an action plan for your leadership journey
Ale Wiecek Founder and Chief Empathy Officer Sqr One
Event Starting In!
Virtual / Streaming