Construct the skills and strategies to lead with an innovative passion & purpose
Executive Director, ExportNZ and ManufacturingNZBusiness NZ
General Manager & Country DirectorJohnson & Johnson New Zealand
R&D DirectorFrucor Suntory
General Manager, StrategySteel & Tube New Zealand
General Manager, New ZealandHoneywell
Managing DirectorBioCatalyst Ltd
Chief Financial OfficerOpen Country Dairy
Avionics ManagerRocket Lab
National People and Performance ManagerBrian Perry Civil
Chief Executive OfficerNew Zealand Food Innovation Auckland, T/A The FoodBowl
General Manager, Open Country BrandsOpen Country Dairy
Head of QualityGriffins Food Ltd
General ManagerSeafood Innovations Ltd
Professional Development FacilitatorMint Education
International Speaker & AuthorJess Stuart
Group Manager – Commercial Customer & InnovationGenesis Energy
- Build a powerful leadership brand
- Initiate solutions & overcome challenges
- Core skills for building resilience
- Inspiration & advice from successful senior leaders
How can it be that so many clever, competent and capable people can feel they are one step away from being exposed as a complete fraud? It’s called impostor syndrome, and it’s a lot more common than we think. Impostor feelings can develop over time, affecting what you do and how you think about yourself.
The workshop will explain in detail why high performing people often doubt their abilities and find it hard to enjoy their successes. It will also show the links to perfectionism and strategies such as procrastination, avoidance and over-commitment.
Explore how we get ourselves into this mindset
- Understand the impostor cycle
- Straighten out your thinking.
- Be brave and take action
Discover and acknowledge the everyday symptoms
- Separating feelings from facts
- Identifying self-sabotage
- Overcome feelings of insecurity
Understand your communication style
- Evaluate yourself and your communication style
- Embrace and develop your strengths
- Understand the behaviours of others
Walk away with tools to create a positive mindset
- Analyse your strengths and weaknesses
- Develop imposter busting strategies
- Build confidence to help others
Jess Stuart International Speaker & Author Jess Stuart
The NZ manufacturing sector is booming, but to truly innovate, evolve and lead into the future, it needs new ideas and voices to match the vision. Deena sets the stage in this keynote address, as she shares her inspirational career journey and explains why women play a critical role as strategic leaders in the manufacturing industry.
- Gain exposure, experience and opportunities
- Forge a strategic vision
- Manufacturing leadership on a national and global scale
Manufacturing has often sat at the forefront of change. Despite progress, it remains a traditionally male-dominated environment, especially at senior leadership levels. So how do we rise to the challenge? Tina will share her story and her insights into leadership, communication, and overcoming obstacles along the way.
- Lead with a tactical, adaptive mindset
- Break down communication barriers
- Prepare for the unexpected with engaging development techniques
Tina Durrant Operations Manager Bondor
Leadership is about providing a service to others that inspires them to step outside their comfort zone, to strive for excellence, and to be more fearless than they ever thought possible. Malikah, CFO from Open Country Dairy, demonstrates a balanced and pragmatic approach to improving business performance, delivering strategic objectives, and improving productivity.
- Improve your organisation's mindset through transformation
- Aspire with focus
- Lead through times of change
Malikah Mitha Chief Financial Officer Open Country Dairy
We all know that change is the only constant, but it's becoming faster and more complex. To thrive in the modern manufacturing industry, leaders must develop resilience. To do that, you need to have an adaptive mindset. Join Elspeth as she describes experiences and explores strategies to help you build workplace resilience, and have some fun too.
- Remain resilient through change
- Think positive, be positive
- Techniques to develop the desired mindset
Being an empowering leader means you must communicate confidently and firmly without being perceived as aggressive. Assertive communication allows for the proactive resolution of challenges via cooperation, feedback, and incorporation of ideas.
This panel of experts will enable you to explore and develop strategies to be a confident, firm communicator. It will provide the basis for understanding how to influence others in a positive and impactful way.
- Lead with assertiveness
- Communicate your message
- Strategies for win-win negotiations
Michelle Bunting General Manager, New Zealand Honeywell
Tonille Crombie General Manager, Open Country Brands Open Country Dairy
Claire Morgan Head of Quality Griffins Food Ltd
As manufacturing companies engage in R&D to remain competitive and productive in an era of disruptive globalisation, innovative ideas are essential. Anna will reflect on how promoting a culture of innovation is vital for personal and organisational growth.
- Explore the innovative mindset
- Be open to creativity
- Think inside the box
Anna Yallop General Manager Seafood Innovations Ltd
Team communication during high stakes, high-pressure situations are frequently identified as an issue which compromises performance. So what are the pressures making communication difficult? Naomi navigates us through a breakdown of these situations, providing strategies to become a confident communication expert.
- Grasp an assertive communication method
- Analyse the different pressures
- Lead with confidence
Naomi Altman Avionics Manager Rocket Lab
In this motivational keynote, Alexandra will share how she overcame the trials and tribulations of her career. She will discuss the importance of being brave, being bold, and taking risks to achieve career satisfaction.
- The journey from grad student to CEO
- Recognise and seize unexpected opportunities
- Unleashing the bold leader within you
Alexandra Allan Chief Executive Officer New Zealand Food Innovation Auckland, T/A The FoodBowl
As we enter the fourth industrial revolution, the rate of change and disruption is accelerating with frequency. It is essential to be agile and innovative to stay ahead of the curve. As the GM & Country Director of Johnson & Johnson, Juliet will share her journey and essential skills on how to ignite innovation.
- Set an innovation ambition
- Maximise effectiveness through strategic approaches
- Identify and define innovative opportunities
Juliet Hull General Manager & Country Director Johnson & Johnson New Zealand
Resilience is the ability to adapt and bounce back when things don’t go as planned. Resilient leaders meet challenges head-on, don’t dwell on failure, and help others to assess, adapt and grow. They acknowledge the situation, learn from mistakes, and move forward with an action-oriented mindset.
Hear from Ruth as she shares experiences about dealing with challenges, lessons learned along the way, and why she believes that challenges, and the way we chose to deal with them, can be our biggest source of growth.
- Maintaining perspective and nurturing your self-confidence
- Situational leadership and guiding others through change
- Helping build resilience in others
Ruth Muller R&D Director Frucor Suntory
Leadership is more than hierarchy alone and requires the ability to cultivate followership.
In this interactive discussion, our panel of experts will share their unique path to leadership, what they consider the anatomy of a leader, and how to lead yourself and others for success.
- Essential life lessons from top leaders
- Change and transform as a leader
- Explore key operating principles
Claire Radley General Manager, Strategy Steel & Tube New Zealand
Maxine Simmons Managing Director BioCatalyst Ltd
Frankie Ifrah National People and Performance Manager Brian Perry Civil
Alex Tran Group Manager – Commercial Customer & Innovation Genesis Energy
Where is the manufacturing industry going? Join Catherine Beard from Manufacturing NZ as she unpacks latest economic trends, impacts throughout the manufacturing sector, and explores how leaders can stay one step ahead of the game.
- Capitalise on exclusive manufacturing trends
- Identify and define innovation
- Execute a leadership vision for the future
Catherine Beard Executive Director, ExportNZ and ManufacturingNZ Business NZ
A motivated and productive team creates personal satisfaction and demonstrates your leadership capabilities. Learn how to master your team management skills and foster a positive environment for cooperation.
- Coaching strategies for maximum engagement
- Deal with difficult conversations
- Be adaptable to the work environment
How are today's leaders taking big ideas to the front-line to unlock opportunities in their companies, communities and beyond? From building meaningful connections to empowering the next generation of female leaders. Join Pippa in this roundtable discussion around solutions for aligning goals with purpose and building a better tomorrow.
- Pioneer women's leadership
- Create change through bold ideas and actions
- Overcome career challenges through connection and peer support
Pippa Lawlor Professional Development Facilitator Mint Education
Understanding the influencing power of your brand is crucial for any professional. The manufacturing industry is historically male-dominated, a trend which persists today, making it imperative for women to stand out and be recognised. Learning to define your executive presence, master the language of leadership, and effectively communicate your unique brand story is vital to unlocking your true potential as a leader.
In this interactive and engaging workshop, you will learn practical skills and techniques to perfect your brand and make your value visible. You will learn key techniques to enhance your communication, confidence, credibility and maximise your overall leadership capabilities.
Increase confidence and credibility
- Project confidence in a variety of situations
- Be authentic in your relationships
- Lead credibly
Become invaluable through strategic leadership
- Taking a seat at the table
- Adapting your approach to impact different audiences
- Negotiation skills and other difficult conversations
Develop and own your authentic leadership brand
- Develop confidence in your strength
- Create your authentic leadership brand
- Listening with purpose and meaning
Enhance your presence as a leader
- Expand your influence
- Develop a professional confidence
- Identify what’s holding you back
Pippa Lawlor Professional Development Facilitator Mint Education
Current discount ending in
Auckland, New Zealand