Support the health and well-being of your teams, your agency, and yourself through disruption and uncertainty
- Understand the nature of crisis and anxiety in a public sector environment
- Explore the psychological impact of altered and dispersed working arrangements
- Prepare for behavioural variations in response to crisis and implement support strategies
- Develop good personal mental health practices to ensure your own well-being
Melissa is a psychologist and specialist in developing proactive interventions that improve employee wellbeing, drawn from over a decade working with the Australian Army running a military mental health unit supporting a unit of 1200 soldiers.
She is also the founder of the Parramatta Psychology Clinic, in 2012, and provides EAP counselling, where she specialises in Managing Mental Health in the Workplace and Adaptability.
Anxiety and change - How we respond to uncertainty
- Explore the nature and cause of anxiety in the context of crisis
- Understand the psychology of change, and how you respond to uncertainty
- Explore its ongoing impact on the public sector, at work and in your personal life
- What is the psychological impact of working in dispersed, remote and reduced teams?
- Mapping your unique stress signature
Using neuroscience to work more effectively with others
- Understand the five key domains that influence your behaviour in social situations
- Strategies for regulating panic reactions, and maximising positive feelings
- How to maximise your sense of connection and cohesion in digital teams
Mental health for individuals and employees
- Identify warning signs in yourself and your team members
- Managing your own well-being and being available to support your colleagues
- Communication techniques for building rapport and empathetic understanding
- Practical strategies for supporting anxious colleagues, friends or family
- Understanding the function of emotions and what a healthy emotional life looks like
- Practical psychological strategies to change unhelpful thoughts and to switch off from worry
- Practice emotion regulation skills
Melissa Harries Principal Psychologist Mindset Psychology
Event Starting In!
Virtual / Streaming